Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Drivers without insurance 'black box' - 21st May 2014 6:59am
Drivers without insurance 'black box' could be forced off the road within 10 years >Clicky<

EU regulations say all new cars must have built in spy box from October next year which will track speed and driving habits

Clicky
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drivers without insurance 'black box' - 21st May 2014 8:53am
On the face of it, this seem to be a good idea. "IF" insurance premiums come down for the "good guys" ie. sensible, considerate driving within any speed limits, economical braking and acceleration etc. etc. and then hits the numpty drivers in the pocket - GREAT!

But but but... all HGV's have to be fitted with tachographs which shows amongst other things speed. This does not deter the vast majority of them from going waaaay over the 40mph limit (single carraigeway). Speeding HGV's are an evil menace on our roads. Might is right etc., yet rarely is anything done about it.

I look forward to the day when I "have" to fit one of these black box dooferisers to the Pinz. THAT will be a giggle!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Drivers without insurance 'black box' - 21st May 2014 9:56am
I'll believe it when I see it. The media has a long history of making lies out of EU stories.

Here was the last one:

Meddling Brussels bureaucrats want to make modified and most classic cars illegal under radical reforms which would affect millions of British drivers.

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/none-of-newspapers-checked-facts-with.html
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Drivers without insurance 'black box' - 21st May 2014 3:11pm
only black box i will allow in my car is for detecting speed traps, idiots.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral