Forums
Posted By: eddtheduck RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 6:27pm
Police say they were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman on Monday afternoon.

The woman, aged 25, was later pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.

"At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained and sudden," said a statement from Kent Police.

Peaches Geldof
Geldof was pictured at a fashion show in London last week
Born in 1989, Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof embarked on a media career at the age of 15, when she began writing a column for Elle magazine.

She left home at sixteen and went on to contribute to the Telegraph and the Guardian, and presented TV shows including ITV2's OMG! with Peaches Geldof.

She also worked as a model and, just last week, attended a launch for Tesco's F&F clothing range in London.

She was married to musician Thomas Cohen, with whom she had two sons, Astala, one, and Phaedra, who will turn one on 24 April.

'Numb'

Geldof lost her own mother when she was just 11 years old. Paula Yates died of a drug overdose in September 2000.

Speaking to Elle Magazine in 2012, Peaches said she had not come to terms with Yates's death for several years.

"I remember the day my mother died, and it's still hard to talk about it. I just blocked it out. I went to school the next day because my father's mentality was 'keep calm and carry on'," she said.

"So we all went to school and tried to act as if nothing had happened. But it had happened. I didn't grieve. I didn't cry at her funeral. I couldn't express anything because I was just numb to it all. I didn't start grieving for my mother properly until I was maybe 16."

Geldof said she had experimented with drugs as a teenager, but was "never that wild".

She was previously married to rock musician Max Drummey but the pair separated in 2009 after a six-month marriage.

Her last tweet, posted on Sunday was a picture of her as a baby in her mother's arms.

She leaves her husband and sons; father Bob Geldof; sisters Fifi Trixibelle and Pixie; and younger half-sister, Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 6:44pm
Desperately sad. RIP Peaches.:(
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 7:05pm
Sad news R.I.P.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 7:37pm
Oh no, not like freddy mcconnel and her mother surely?

RiP

Dont do drugs.

another one to add to the list.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 8:07pm
Very sad news .. RIP
Posted By: Moonstar Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 8:39pm
Tragic.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 7th Apr 2014 8:40pm
that's just how it roll's......
Posted By: lansyp Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 6:48am
Poor Bob first his wife then his daughter,and just to add to the tragic story it was a Monday took so ironic r.I.p. peaches
Posted By: Dilly Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 7:12am
R.I.P To young to go.
Posted By: keef666 Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 5:01pm
I fine it strange that people mourn over someone they have never met or likley to, yet all over the world people die each and every single day due to war, famine or disease yet know one seems to care, yet a minor celebrity whos claim to fame was her fathers last name, every ones cut up about,
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 5:11pm
Its Tragic we`ve buried to young girls both 3 months of each other in Eastham both have left kids behind.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 5:15pm
Originally Posted by keef666
I fine it strange that people mourn over someone they have never met or likley to, yet all over the world people die each and every single day due to war, famine or disease yet know one seems to care, yet a minor celebrity whos claim to fame was her fathers last name, every ones cut up about,

were did you pop up from. lol

not fishing for a reaction are we???????

like we all don't know whats going on all over the world, but eh!!!! thanks for the reminder, just incase we all forgot.
Posted By: Dilly Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 5:42pm
Originally Posted by keef666

so if you have a famous parent you can't have fame in your own right ? what a strange notion. doubt she asked to be born to famous parents.
Posted By: lansyp Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 6:52pm
has anyone ever lost a daughter i should imagine its like having your heart torn out ,if bob geldof ever happens to come across our little comunity and reads what we have said about his little girl then may be it will give him a little comfort knowing people care
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 7:14pm
Well said lansyp
Posted By: valli Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 8th Apr 2014 10:36pm
So Sorry for her family. R I P Peaches Geldof
Posted By: Snodvan Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 10th Apr 2014 3:01pm
Originally Posted by lansyp
has anyone ever lost a daughter i should imagine its like having your heart torn out ,if bob geldof ever happens to come across our little comunity and reads what we have said about his little girl then may be it will give him a little comfort knowing people care

+1
Snod
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 1st May 2014 10:45am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Oh no, not like freddy mcconnel and her mother surely?

RiP

Dont do drugs.

another one to add to the list.

LINK

Her friend Freddy McConnel, 18, died of a drugs overdose in 2011. A few months earlier he wrote in his diary: “Peaches is coming over later and I am going to inject for the first time. Perhaps I will die. I hope I don’t.”

like i said, drug overdose.

Dont do drugs kids wink
Posted By: granny Re: RIP Peaches Geldof - 1st May 2014 11:45am
We are not here to reason why.

Poor little Peaches.

The same thoughts go to anyone else who falls into a similar, tormenting, downward spiral.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral