Forums
Posted By: Mark Tesco to scan customers faces at petrol stations - 4th Nov 2013 3:09pm
Tesco is set to install hi-tech screens that scan customers' faces in petrol stations so that advertisements can be tailored to suit them.

The retailer will introduce the OptimEyes screen, developed by Lord Sugar's Amscreen, to all 450 of its UK petrol stations, in a five-year deal, according to The Grocer.

The screen, positioned at the till, scans the eyes of customers to determine age and gender, and then runs tailored advertisements.

Source
I'm putting my Zombie Contact Lenses in, let's see it tailor an advert to those.
Maybe if they've a fat face they get targeted some more tesco fat and sugar meals !!
Do you ever wonder why supermarkets ( the only private sector companies making billions ) get into foreign exchange loans insurance etc etc there's so much profit you can parasite off the public !!! Make more money !! Its a wonder they don't start a bank. Ha
Supermarkets in the future will have rows of self service tills. No staff and just a guard. Were nearly there already.
so more peeps will enter wearing masks lol
I can't see it working myself. The equipment has to scan you then starts a 100 second rolling commercial tailored to you.

By that time I've queued, paid - looking down to put in my PIN and put card and receipt in my wallet - and gone.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral