Forums
Posted By: granny Health and Safety Gone Mad - 26th Mar 2013 12:00am

This, is yet another interesting health and safety issue.

Triangular Flapjacks laffin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21923218

Partial quote...

A school's decision to ban triangular flapjacks after a pupil was hurt has been labelled "half-baked" by the Health and Safety Executive.

It follows an incident at Castle View School in Canvey Island, Essex, when a boy was hit in the face by a flapjack.

Catering staff at the school have been told only to serve square or rectangular flapjacks.

The school said the "isolated accident" had led to a review of "the texture and shape of the flapjacks" provided............

What other brain dead, Health and Safety Executive ideas, can you think of?

Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Health and Safety Gone Mad - 26th Mar 2013 1:25am
Granny there are too many to begin to try and think of the most brain dead.
Health & Safety has gone bonkers
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Health and Safety Gone Mad - 26th Mar 2013 8:06am
As for me`I think, unscrupulous Solicitors chasing compensation have a lot to answer for,they must be doing well due to the number of adverts on tv,I have no time for them at all.

Posted By: granny Re: Health and Safety Gone Mad - 26th Mar 2013 10:36am
hi Elizabeth and Van.

There are lots of unscrupulous professions now, it would seem. Also many who would take advantage in business. Particularly those who own garages. Their emplyees seem to have a rough ride, so far as I can see.

This link is really very informative for anyone who might like to know about entitlements in the work place, rest breaks, times between the end of one shift and start of another. If the rules were followed, it may just add a few more jobs out there, instead of loan workers for example.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/legislation/index.htm

Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Health and Safety Gone Mad - 26th Mar 2013 7:09pm
Hi granny hi
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Health and Safety Gone Mad - 26th Mar 2013 7:12pm
higranny and van ...hope you are both ok.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Health and Safety Gone Mad - 27th Mar 2013 1:37pm
Hi sunnyside
© Wirral-Wikiwirral