Forums
Posted By: fish5133 HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 14th Jan 2013 10:13pm
News HMV calling administrators in--get your vouchers spent quick
Posted By: Shambo Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 14th Jan 2013 11:00pm
That's a shame, I feel sorry for all those people going to lose their jobs.
Hardly a surprise though, HMV has been going down the swanny for a few years now. I wonder if the management who thought it was a good idea to sell media players instead of internet media sales will be feeling any sense of responsibility? MP3 players, headphones and sweets were hardly going to ofset the drop in CD sales and keep those big stores open. You don't need to be Alan Sugar to work that one out.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 15th Jan 2013 12:14am
Right...thankyou. Best get over there and spend my vouchers from Father Christmas quick smart!!

More job losses!!! Happy New Fooking Year frown
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 15th Jan 2013 6:52am
At this rate I won't be able to stand by any shop when older and say to the grand kids I use to come here when I was your age.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 15th Jan 2013 10:54am
Im not suprised, they are massively overpriced. They charge full RRP on older DVD's when you can grab them at Bee down the road for buttons.

Sad that people are going to lose their jobs though.
Posted By: Salmon Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 15th Jan 2013 11:16am
Sadly you are too late to cash in your vouchers
http://news.sky.com/story/1038182/hmv-collapse-gift-cards-and-vouchers-invalid
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 16th Jan 2013 6:05am
Technology is a marvellous thing but its slowly killing us too. More people out of work struggling to live everyday life.
Posted By: Shambo Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 17th Jan 2013 1:20pm
Technology moves at such a pace that businesses, and indeed people in general, who do not embrace it will find themselves at a disadvantage sooner rather than later. The internet is the cutting edge of the information age that will sweep away old practices and beliefs. You can choose to take part in this change, or behave like a luddite did when faced with the industrial revolution. Either way you can never stop it because tomorrow always belongs to another generation who won't share the same experiences of life as you. The warning signs were there for HMV but they chose to ignore them. If they hadn't been so nonchalent about internet media they wouldn't be about to close down their bloated estate of stores and lay off thousands of people.

Here's a little insiders view of HMV executives arrogance in the face of technology.
http://www.philipbeeching.com/2012/08/why-companies-fail-rise-and-fall-of-hmv.html?m=1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HMV Going ? Spend Your Vouchers quick - 21st Jan 2013 2:03pm
Just announced on the news (R4) that as of tomorrow (Tues 22nd), HMV will start accepting Gift Vouchers once again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral