Forums
Posted By: Dolphin123 A new concept in shopping. - 11th Sep 2012 6:02pm
A few weeks ago I read on internet news that Amazon were in fact going to develop a new concept for people who do home shopping on the web and have your goods delivered to your local shop in fact there are going to be 5,000 shops across the uk where you can have your goods delivered to, well this new concept has allready started.

I called in a local supermarket today and at the front of the shop was an Amazon parcel locker were one can collect their goods ideal for peolpe who are out at work etc or missed the delivery.

It can only remain to be seen whether this concept is a sucsess.
Posted By: stu6278 Re: A new concept in shopping. - 11th Sep 2012 7:46pm
Makes sense. I think the Post Office really missed a trick on this.
Posted By: Stegga Re: A new concept in shopping. - 11th Sep 2012 7:53pm
What is it with the post office and losing parcels. Is it the post office or are there just so many scammers out there buying goods and then claiming they have never recieved them. Something needs to be done and the post office need to up their game somehow to combat this problem.
Posted By: granny Re: A new concept in shopping. - 11th Sep 2012 11:32pm
They are doing it already in our little local shop, which is tiny. The staff hate doing it and apart from that there isn't any room for storing the parcels. They are dreading Christmas and it wouldn't surprise me, that in certain cicumstances, there will be pure chaos. They only have 2 staff and run off their feet as it is.

So far as the loss of parcels is concerned, I don't think it is the Post Office in most cases, usually the other companies which now do a postal service. One of them left a parcel on my doorstep, not for me, didn't ring the bell or knock and I was in. It was addressed to someone a fair way along the road and down a little pathway which was accessible.
Posted By: MrHouston Re: A new concept in shopping. - 12th Sep 2012 12:02am
The concept is already in place and alot of other websites use it already, I order off Very.co.uk for example and you can have it deliverd to a number of local shops for you to collect if you wont be home. Amazon are just going a step further and building their own counters... Nothing new
Posted By: Dilly Re: A new concept in shopping. - 12th Sep 2012 7:49am
Dont know if this is related, but a mate went into halfords bidston to buy a radio facia. Shocked at the price £19 , he spoke to a member of staff who said they would check price on amazon. They did this and matched the price of £ 4.70.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: A new concept in shopping. - 12th Sep 2012 9:47am
This sound,s like a good idea .Frustrating waiting for parcel's , when you have got limited time due to working pattern,s .ect .
Posted By: mrhanky Re: A new concept in shopping. - 12th Sep 2012 5:48pm
i can't be the only one that sees the irony...you buy something on line and then have to go to a real shop to collect it wink
Posted By: MFranks Re: A new concept in shopping. - 13th Sep 2012 9:06am
So If a parcel arrives at my house and I'm not home it could get put in the nearest Amazon lock box?
Posted By: stu6278 Re: A new concept in shopping. - 14th Sep 2012 6:43am
Originally Posted by MFranks
So If a parcel arrives at my house and I'm not home it could get put in the nearest Amazon lock box?

I might be wrong, but I think you'll have to select the lockbox you want it delivered to when ordering.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral