Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 2:20am
Sometimes when I read about all the crime on the Wirral I get very depressed and wonder why would I ever want to come back to live there, so I decided to look at the local newspaper here where I live to see what the comparison was. Judging by what I've seen, I now wonder why I want to live here too.
Here's some examples just over the last 24 hours!

"Man charged with trying to gouge out another man's eye"
"Two girls sexually assaulted in local town"
"Former school bus driver charged with sexual assault"
"armed robbery at local Pizza Hut"
"gunshots fired at building"
"elderly woman has jewellery stolen"
"Robber with knife robs cellphone store"
"clerk shot in local robbery"
"High school students fight with teachers"
"woman smashes beer bottle on mans face then robs him of his wallet"
"Man admits selling heroin and threatened bouncer with a gun"
"local man stabbed during a fight"
"three people robbed in armed home invasion"

The list goes on and on, it's unbelievable. It's a rare day here when no-one is shot and either killed or seriously wounded. I don't live in the 'hood', it's actually a suburban neighbourhood and very quiet but it just shows what goes on no more that about 5 miles from my front door omg
Posted By: Sillymoo Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 9:59pm
theres bad everywere you go some of thoses headlines are shocking though.....
Posted By: Wench Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 10:31pm
I must admit, I've stopped watching the news now as it's far too depressing. A friend and I were saying about this on Wednesday - every story on the news was people killed in fires, murdered, stabbed etc. I'm so glad I don't/can't have children as the world is not a very nice place at the moment.

I know there's good and bad everywhere, and I know that the news is not there to broadcast everything but just once, I wish they'd show some happy stories!

Wirral isn't that bad compared to some places though, I've lived in worse but then I've also lived in better. It's not the place per se, more the people that inhabit places.
Posted By: Sillymoo Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 10:47pm
very true it would be nice if they showed us the nicer side to the world in news rather than all doom and gloom it is just plain depressing
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 10:49pm
Originally Posted by Sillymoo
very true it would be nice if they showed us the nicer side to the world in news rather than all doom and gloom it is just plain depressing
I agree with you Sillymoo to much hostile about and asbo.
lol love your avatar
Posted By: Sillymoo Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 11:01pm
Originally Posted by Tombraider
Originally Posted by Sillymoo
I agree with you Sillymoo to much hostile about and asbo.
lol love your avatar

Thanks love! got it off google
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 11:07pm
Did you thats good, but i think you dont have to google it as you see it everyday.
why do you think this happens you have started a good post Sillymoo.
Posted By: Wench Re: Violence everywhere - 12th Jan 2012 11:11pm
Elizabeth started it, not Moo wink
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Violence everywhere - 13th Jan 2012 1:01am
Did you thats good, but i think you dont have to google it as you see it everyday.

I think sillymoo meant she got her avatar off google, Tombraider smile
Anyway, yes it was me that started the post but it matters not who, it was really just to say that crime is rife everywhere and when compared with other places, Wirral perhaps isn't too bad, and in my opinion is still a beautiful place, ruined by a few maybe, but on the whole the vast majority of residents are law abiding and friendly
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Violence everywhere - 13th Jan 2012 1:09am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth

I think sillymoo meant she got her avatar off google, Tombraider smile
Anyway, yes it was me that started the post but it matters not who, it was really just to say that crime is rife everywhere and when compared with other places, Wirral perhaps isn't too bad, and in my opinion is still a beautiful place, ruined by a few maybe, but on the whole the vast majority of residents are law abiding and friendly
you know i like sillymoo and you we need wiki peeps like you and yes we can make it a nice place you seem nice xx
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Violence everywhere - 13th Jan 2012 2:16am
Thank you Tombraider smile
Posted By: Sillymoo Re: Violence everywhere - 13th Jan 2012 10:39am
thanks tombraider blush
© Wirral-Wikiwirral