Forums
Posted By: lansyp riots in tottenham - 6th Aug 2011 10:28pm
Get a load of sky news big riot in tottenham
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 12:54am
It's been going on for hours frown I've got 2 mates on the front line so hoping it doesn't escalate any more than it is.

All this over a guy getting shot by Police after he shot at Police with an illegal firearm no

Now these knobends are setting fire to vans by residential buildings - there just aren't enough Fire appliances to cope with the number of fires.

A couple of people sent me pictures hours ago - didn't think it would get this bad!

Pity we don't have any water cannons!
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 1:17am
Link for pictures of Tottenham

There's a lot of parents that should be checking their kids beds - I trust a lot won't be in them. I hope those parents are proud no

A couple of Fire engines turned up to some fires near residential areas and were greeted with abuse and chants of "you took your f**ing time" - makes me ashamed to be British.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 8:10am
i am watching this on sky news now, i cant believe what has happened, this will cost millions, ... looting in all them shops, what a sham
Posted By: John1943 Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 8:47am
What a good inpression to the rest of the world with the olympic games coming up next year.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:35am
Originally Posted by John1943
What a good inpression to the rest of the world with the olympic games coming up next year.

withthat its very sad to see,
Posted By: StuyMac Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:38am
Its hard to understand the mentality of some people think
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:41am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Its hard to understand the mentality of some people think

i was watching shy news before, you can clearly see the faces of the people looting, the good people in tottenham should name and shame them, busted
Posted By: Volly Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:57am
Moving abroad next year - stories like this just make me even more sure that it's the right thing to do.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 10:24am
Originally Posted by Volly
Moving abroad next year - stories like this just make me even more sure that it's the right thing to do.
Where to Volly? Somewhere nice and warm I hope.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:08am
Just finally got to speak briefly with one friend who's frontline and was on a late last night and got off at around 7am (due to finish at 11pm). He's had 5hrs break which isn't enough time to go home as he doesn't live in the city. He's slept where he can, still smells of smoke, is exhausted and now has to go back out there. The ones that have minor injuries are all going back out because they haven't got the manpower to let them stay off.

Another friend lives locally and thinks it's a disgrace. The locals moan that they can't get jobs etc but they've just made shitloads of people unemployed by burning down several places of work, not to mention peoples homes

What these knobends don't realise is that their friends, elderly relatives and other family members were all at risk last night if they needed the emergency services. There were a lot of people assaulted and mugged, but there wasn't any Police or Ambulance personnel to help them. They set vans & cars on fire that spread to their own relatives/friends homes, but there weren't enough fire engines to deal with them unless there were persons reported.

Well done you fooking pond dwellers - not only have you ensured that your own council tax will rocket (for those of you that have jobs and pay it), your JSA might be delayed because you burnt down the job centre, you've got nowhere to get your chavvy shellsuits from because you've looted JJB and burnt some others down, nowhere to buy food and cheap alcohol because you've burnt Aldi down along with local shops - your OWN friends/relatives/people's shops but you've given a great impression for anyone coming to see the Olympics.

I doubt anyone will employ anyone from Tottenham now because you will all be tarred with the same brush!! clap

And for the dozy barstard saying "we wanted answers for what happened 2 days ago", it was 3 days ago, and what did you think you could possibly get so soon when it's not been fully investigated!?!

Duggan had an illegal firearm, he fired at Police, they shot back, he died - tough!! Live by the sword etc. Had he not brandished a gun in a public place and not drop said gun after being asked, what the fcuk do you expect!?! No great loss to society IMO.

You say that he was a "pillar of the community" - then your community needs to look to itself if this is the kind of person you consider to be a "pillar".

And breathe............
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:16am
What they should do now is leave them to live in the shite that they have made and not spend millions rebuilding them a super nice area to live in. No appeasement, sort the gits out and get the ordinary people out of there, oh, and sort the gangs out and get that American head cop in.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:34am
I Think the police should bring on the water cannons ,Just like they do abroad ,take the little shits off thier feet .We are far too soft in this country ,and all to the amusement of the arseholes causing crap, probable excuse is they have got nothing to do.I watched the news then ,one idiot threw a brick through an empty police car`s window and because it broke the glass, he danced .That is just mindless .I saw this in Greece a while back the police there didn`t put up with this crap so why do we
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:40am
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
I Think the police should bring on the water cannons ,Just like they do abroad ,take the little shits off thier feet .We are far too soft in this country ,and all to the amusement of the arseholes causing crap, probable excuse is they have got nothing to do.I watched the news then ,one idiot threw a brick through an empty police car`s window and because it broke the glass, he danced .That is just mindless .I saw this in Greece a while back the police there didn`t put up with this crap so why do we

I don't think we have one on the mainland, nearest one belongs to PSNI I believe.

Funny how we don't see such "protests" when they stab/shoot/mug/rape etc "one of their own" i.e. someone from their community (before anyone takes it as a racist comment).

Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 12:20pm
God the Krays really were the ones who sorted the crap out.
Posted By: lansyp Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 12:47pm
did you see the pillock kids this morning giving it the gang signes behind the sky news reporter,i am sorry but water canons !!!!!!!!!!!! try rubber and then real bullets if they persist.people have lost there whole lives in flats above the shops that the ... have burnt out and the poor police have to put up with mindless idiots chucking bricks at them and all because they done what they should do to all the idiots who think its right to break the law and brandish guns and threaten the good people of this country .the best one was watching the mum with her two kids outside jjb getting there shopping done .and just to finish why blame the police they have to much paper work to do and not enough people to cope with stuff like this all thanks to our theiving government who would rather have a new kitchen,duck pond etc in there 2nd houses rather than a police officer on the beat .we have a sh*t goverment ,an undermaned police force and a big red self destruct button primed and ready to be pressed . i love this country but if i had the chance i would be off for good ............rant over .
Posted By: lansyp Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 12:50pm
and yes i know i cant spell before the comments start lol
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 1:14pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Just finally got to speak briefly with one friend who's frontline and was on a late last night and got off at around 7am (due to finish at 11pm). He's had 5hrs break which isn't enough time to go home as he doesn't live in the city. He's slept where he can, still smells of smoke, is exhausted and now has to go back out there. The ones that have minor injuries are all going back out because they haven't got the manpower to let them stay off.

Another friend lives locally and thinks it's a disgrace. The locals moan that they can't get jobs etc but they've just made shitloads of people unemployed by burning down several places of work, not to mention peoples homes

What these knobends don't realise is that their friends, elderly relatives and other family members were all at risk last night if they needed the emergency services. There were a lot of people assaulted and mugged, but there wasn't any Police or Ambulance personnel to help them. They set vans & cars on fire that spread to their own relatives/friends homes, but there weren't enough fire engines to deal with them unless there were persons reported.

Well done you fooking pond dwellers - not only have you ensured that your own council tax will rocket (for those of you that have jobs and pay it), your JSA might be delayed because you burnt down the job centre, you've got nowhere to get your chavvy shellsuits from because you've looted JJB and burnt some others down, nowhere to buy food and cheap alcohol because you've burnt Aldi down along with local shops - your OWN friends/relatives/people's shops but you've given a great impression for anyone coming to see the Olympics.

I doubt anyone will employ anyone from Tottenham now because you will all be tarred with the same brush!! clap

And for the dozy barstard saying "we wanted answers for what happened 2 days ago", it was 3 days ago, and what did you think you could possibly get so soon when it's not been fully investigated!?!

Duggan had an illegal firearm, he fired at Police, they shot back, he died - tough!! Live by the sword etc. Had he not brandished a gun in a public place and not drop said gun after being asked, what the fcuk do you expect!?! No great loss to society IMO.

You say that he was a "pillar of the community" - then your community needs to look to itself if this is the kind of person you consider to be a "pillar".

And breathe............

Couldn't agree more Wench. What a bunch of idiots destroying their own community like that. There are ways to make your voice heard, this is just mindless violence.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 1:23pm
To give that pile of hooded dog's vomit the term "..." belittles the word - and some !!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 1:33pm
Before anything I say is misread - I do not condone any form of violent riot, whatever the cause.

I've been predicting that before Christmas we will end up with riots similar to the 1981/1985 riots in Toxteth, Brixton, Moss Side, Chapletown, Handsworth and Broadwater Farm. All these riots had trigger points but were possibly caused by a feeling of civil unrest throughout much of the population.

I used to play a computer game (Black Friday?) which was based on a University model of running the country's finances. The biggest problem was always civil unrest which was very difficult to resolve.

I hope that we don't end up with the problems we had in the eighties, but there are more cuts to come yet. Especially many people on LHA - Local Housing Allowance that may be losing up to £15 a week sometime soon.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 2:33pm
Sorry diggy, Knocker predicted it long before you and he got pilloried for it. Disgusting pictures on the TV.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 3:49pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune

I think comparing this to Greece is unfair. The Greek protest were about serious economic problems and people having their living standards stripped away.

Giving the police more weapons is not the answer given some of the thuggish behaviour displayed by the boys in blue. I'm thinking of the student protests in London.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 3:53pm
Just to clarify, I'm not in anyway condoning the actions of the ... in Tottenham. But giving the police more weapons is not the answer. Especially as they can't be trusted to respond with due caution when dealing with legitimate protests.
Posted By: puntoar Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 3:59pm
Good posts by wench, could not agree with you more; you shoot at a police officer (or anyone for that matter) they will shoot back. I read on the news that at one point there were in excess of 500 rioters and about a 100 police officers. The police did their best there last night where the numbers were stacked against them, well done to the lot of them and I hope none were seriously injured. As for the rioters, the CPS need to get tough on them to stop further outbursts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 4:00pm
I heard Aldi was completely burnt down causing £4.25 in stock damage.
Posted By: Expat Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 5:05pm
Really not sure were you are coming from Touchstone! Think maybe your having selective viewing. There was plenty of thugish behaviour at the Student protests, but not from our boys in blue. Unless that is, that you think there is nothing wrong with damaging property, hanging off the cenitaph, and thowing a fire extinguisher off a roof at the police below!!!!
You may recal the Police were criticised for being too soft, or did you select not to hear that!

I am only presuming nobody else has come back at you about your post is because it is being treated with the contempt it deserves, and I think you are very much in the minority on this site, thankfully.

Rant over
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 5:29pm
As far as I can tell, most of the complaints received by the IPCC with regard to the police methods used at the London student protests have not been fully resolved. In a large number of cases, the IPCC sloped its shoulders and put the complaints back to the relevant police authorities as they were "direction and control matters", although in some cases the IPCC are acting as a monitor to the investigations.

From the numerous videos available, I think it clear that the police classed all people present as requiring riot management instead of targeting the trouble areas. Whether this practice is acceptable or not remains to be seen.

SOURCE - IPCC
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 5:30pm
Originally Posted by Expat
Really not sure were you are coming from Touchstone! Think maybe your having selective viewing. There was plenty of thugish behaviour at the Student protests, but not from our boys in blue. Unless that is, that you think there is nothing wrong with damaging property, hanging off the cenitaph, and thowing a fire extinguisher off a roof at the police below!!!!
You may recal the Police were criticised for being too soft, or did you select not to hear that!

I am only presuming nobody else has come back at you about your post is because it is being treated with the contempt it deserves, and I think you are very much in the minority on this site, thankfully.

Rant over
withthat
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 6:28pm

good on the police, pity they did not have more powers to shoot the ... on site and save damages to buildings. it always seems to be the blacks that riot, the pc brigade will probs justify it some how and prevent prosicution.

feel sorry for the ones who will not be able to attend work now because of what these ... have done!!!
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 6:33pm
Hello Touchstone, I have wrote that the wrong way around ,what i was refering to in Greece was the water cannons and not comparing a protest your right you cannot compare the two I will write it prperly next time sozJune
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 8:17pm
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony

good on the police, pity they did not have more powers to shoot the ... on site and save damages to buildings. it always seems to be the blacks that riot, the pc brigade will probs justify it some how and prevent prosicution.

feel sorry for the ones who will not be able to attend work now because of what these ... have done!!!

Thats a bit wrong, last night I seen more whites than blacks, at the student ones I seen more whites than blacks. Not that I was counting but just thinking back after reading the part I have put in bold confused
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 8:27pm
According to Twitter, it's all kicking off in Enfield tonight
Posted By: Expat Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:02pm
Think you need to look at the colour contrast on your tv Diz. But colour isn't the point here it's the mindless violence and criminal damage caused by people just looking for an excuse! idiot
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:17pm
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz

Thats a bit wrong, last night I seen more whites than blacks, at the student ones I seen more whites than blacks. Not that I was counting but just thinking back after reading the part I have put in bold confused

it always is the blacks that riot tho one of them dies for for a crime and they all go mental, its happend all over the country thoughout history since they were given freedom. if it was a black police officer that shot him nothing would have happend.
Posted By: Bluesman Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 9:52pm
This just in.......After looters targeted Carpet Right in Tottenham last night Police are expecting rug dealing to increase in the area dramatically.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 10:51pm
Originally Posted by Expat

Rant over

I think it's your somewhat selective viewing. In my post I didn't defend any of the thuggish behaviour on behalf of the students. Of couse throwing a fire extinguisher off a tall building is indeed stupid and was rightly punished with a jail sentence. However, the police performed some extremely thuggish actions throughout that day including the kettling of children. If you believe kettling kids is fine then I'll have to treat your opinion with the contempt it deserves.
Whether the majority of people agree with yourself or me is up to them.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:06pm
the only way u can deal with these animals is with brute force, so the police can not be blamed and if black kids are looting and rioting they need to be dealt with properly and kettling sounds fair to me, if they were being good it wouldnt happen would it
Posted By: Touchstone Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:12pm
the only way u can deal with these animals is with brute force, so the police can not be blamed and if black kids are looting and rioting they need to be dealt with properly and kettling sounds fair to me, if they were being good it wouldnt happen would it

I was referring to the student protests. No doubt some, perhaps many, of the protesters in Tottenham were little f***ers and deserved some rough treatment. The looters are just .... But the kids protesting about tuition fees were, for the most part, very well behaved. The same cannot be said for a quite a number of Met. Police Officers on that day.
Posted By: DavidB Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:31pm
Don't confuse protesting with looting/rioting. This started peaceful, and ended up as it was.
Nobody knows what happened on here yet, and the media always sexes the reports up.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: riots in tottenham - 7th Aug 2011 11:41pm
The way I see it, Tony is spot on. This country is too obsessed with political correctness, One police officer smacks a student and they are all ...? these dicks are wrecking London, are you saying if you where are a cop on duty amidst all that, your behaviour would be exlemprary?

If the crime matches an M.O of a group of people then of course the police will go after them, what doesnt help is people jumping in crying racism!

But anyway, If you disagree with the law, wreck the joint, ruin homes and burn down businesses.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 2:04am
for anybody frustrated by the media blackout of widespread rioting/ looting/ disturbances may want to tune into LBC 97.3
sky 0112
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 2:10am
the 1s who appeared on the news with there trolleys of loot will be getting nicked shortly.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 2:58am
Just got a message from one on the front line saying he's been on duty now for just over 20 hours, in full riot gear. He's been hit on the head by a concrete block that's been thrown at them. Got a banging headache but nothing they can do.

3 officers have been taken to hospital after being hit by a car driven at them at speed as they tried to arrest looters no Police vans smashed to bits so there's nowhere for the Police to hide or any way for them to get out as vehicles are thin on the ground.

They can't stop many of the looters as there's just too many and they're spread over too many shops in too many areas. They are doing themselves no favours whatsoever. This is fook all to do with a guy being shot, it's just an excuse.

Not heard from the other friend, but he's at least 6hrs into overtime now, which takes him to roughly an 18hr shift so far.

I just feel so sick frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 5:16am
Big boys are coming...

http://twitpic.com/62mgbh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 5:27am
http://thewestlondoner.wordpress.co...-in-enfield-edmonton-walthamsto-brixton/

Apparently the media have been asked not to show full extent?

Looks awful.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:59am
Following it all on Twitter last night it was clear that there was a media black out. IMHO that is a good thing.
Let's pray for rain - the little darlings don't like getting wet and will stay inside
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:16am
Localised "heavy" rain is needed - from a water cannon ! From Wench's earlier info. it appears we don't have one handy. BIG ERROR on the part of the Police! The Police need all the help they can muster when dealing with these unwanted oxygen thieves !
Posted By: bert1 Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:30am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

Let's pray for rain -

Now you've got the poor little man who sells umbrellas worrying.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:40am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Following it all on Twitter last night it was clear that there was a media black out. IMHO that is a good thing.

Most definitely Softy, these idiots would only see it as an excuse to go out and cause trouble.

Doubts have emerged over whether Mark Duggan, whose death at the hands of police sparked the weekend's Tottenham riots, was killed during an exchange of fire .

The Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on a bullet, found lodged in a police radio worn by an officer during Thursday's incident, suggested it was police issue – and therefore had not been fired by Duggan

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/police-attack-london-burns

I hope the Guardian have got this right otherwise it all sounds a bit Daily Mail. I've found The Guardian have been a bit irresponsible on their reporting over this, although having said that I believe reports are just that it was a hollow shell the same type as police use which I guess means very little.

I really don't know what to make of all this as some reports on Twitter last night suggested that this was all pre-planned and the shooting is being used as some sort of excuse or justification.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:45am
it always seems to be the blacks that riot

it always is the blacks that riot tho one of them dies for for a crime and they all go mental, its happend all over the country thoughout history since they were given freedom. if it was a black police officer that shot him nothing would have happend.

the police can not be blamed and if black kids are looting and rioting they need to be dealt with properly and kettling sounds fair to me

With all due respect Tony, you should give up any dreams you ever had of working in politics.

I'd say the majority of the population in these areas are black, so that's like going back to the 80's and saying "have you noticed how everyone rioting in Toxteth seems to be scouse".

The colour of their skin really doesn't have much of a bearing on their mental state, they're just thugs who enjoy a bit of trouble.

Aside from this, I don't agree with what you're saying on many levels.

Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:31am
This is all very worrying for me. I have a friend who lives in Palmers Green. I didn't realise Tottenham isn't that far away, and now they've been at it in Enfield which is even nearer. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:40am
If I were local, I'd be going to sleep on a mates sofa as far away as possible.

Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:56am
Originally Posted by Nobody
it always seems to be the blacks that riot

the police can not be blamed and if black kids are looting and rioting they need to be dealt with properly and kettling sounds fair to me

With all due respect Tony, you should give up any dreams you ever had of working in politics.

I'd say the majority of the population in these areas are black, so that's like going back to the 80's and saying "have you noticed how everyone rioting in Toxteth seems to be scouse".

The colour of their skin really doesn't have much of a bearing on their mental state, they're just thugs who enjoy a bit of trouble.

Aside from this, I don't agree with what you're saying on many levels.

oppinion taken alex, you may think i am being over the top but it is the black youths who have done that, thats why i have said the black youths coz the majority of them are black, if it was majority of white kids i would have said the chavs of today etc, fct is they r black kids mate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 10:15am

oppinion taken alex, you may think i am being over the top but it is the black youths who have done that, thats why i have said the black youths coz the majority of them are black, if it was majority of white kids i would have said the chavs of today etc, fct is they r black kids mate.

This is where our views differ because to me they are 'chavs of today' regardless of colour.

When I look at someone, I don't see colour (if that makes sense) and I don't think it matters what colour their skin is, they are just horrible trouble making scumbags.

Besides which, all races seem to be involved as can be seen on the BBC and Sky footage. Reports of even some Jewish youths being present on Saturday.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 10:24am
unfortunately mate i wish it was that simple to group them all together into 1, but the black youths are according to these black gangs, singled out by the white police force as it is put and of course as they say "its because i am black" does my suede in, they think they can get special treatment. i am so glad i do not live in london, however i do have a member of my family who is a policed officer in london and if one of these little scroats happend to throw a brick at him, i hope he smashes the little cnut all over the place with his bat!!!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 11:33am
Jewish people in Tottenham???? Can't see that happening.
Actually it looked as though they legged it when the bother kicked off, they were probably just rubber necking. You can put the rose coloured blinkers on all you like you can't get away from the fact that the black people were the ones looting and wrecking, you don't have to be racist to acknowledge that fact. You can be blind though and not see what is in front of you. A thug is a thug no matter what colour his skin is, but they were predominantly black people. I do have black mates and they would find it appalling, I'll have to ask them when I see them.
Posted By: bert1 Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 12:08pm
Do they do Kippah hoodies? think
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 12:14pm
I've worked all round tottenham & the area is predominantly black apart from seven sisters which is a Jewish community. So the odds are if theres anything going on it will inevatably involve a black person. Some really nice people live in tottenham, but you get your fair share of bad people wherever you travel.
Posted By: AR_One Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 12:20pm

"This is where our views differ because to me they are 'chavs of today' regardless of colour."

Too right chav is a way of behaving that shows no respect to anyone else's rights or property and has nothing to do with colour, social class or income.
Posted By: Becky02 Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 12:22pm

This is where our views differ because to me they are 'chavs of today' regardless of colour.

When I look at someone, I don't see colour (if that makes sense) and I don't think it matters what colour their skin is, they are just horrible trouble making scumbags.

Besides which, all races seem to be involved as can be seen on the BBC and Sky footage. Reports of even some Jewish youths being present on Saturday.
Well said nobody thumbsup
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 12:53pm
Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself 28 years later.

Link clickme
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 1:04pm
that was terrible ste frown on a proper downer now mate
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 1:40pm
have u seen all the pics on fcebook of people showing off their goods, at least it will make prosicution easier
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 1:57pm
Originally Posted by JohnLeatherFix
that was terrible ste frown on a proper downer now mate

It is a sick society we live in and it's not getting any better.
Posted By: Ozzy666 Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 2:28pm
The 'black' community have shown their solidarity with the Duggan family by making off with 40" plasma TV's, I understand this is an ancient tradition that comes from Africa, where for centuries the plasma TV was a symbol of peace and understanding.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 3:18pm
A friends' blog post

This gives you the view from the Police side, from a friend of mine.

I've discovered a lot of friends have been "lent" to the MPS to help out.

This picture has to be the best so far in showing the intelligence of these knobends, or lack thereof: Caught looting in Currys, in a Currys uniform, because you work there!!

[Linked Image]

The Fail is strong with this one!!

Attached picture double face palm.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 3:25pm
Great read. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 4:00pm
yes wench very good read nice to see somebody on the lines point of view
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 4:10pm
That pic reminds me of a song - "Young, Lifted and Black" (Ermmm ?)
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 4:24pm
what shop did she work at she looks more like a prostitute than a shop worker
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 4:53pm
Just get the fecking water canons on them.
Posted By: puntoar Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 5:10pm
Just seen on Sky News the idiots are at it again
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 5:40pm
Originally Posted by puntoar
Just seen on Sky News the idiots are at it again

yep there off again, this looks like its gonna keep going for days.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:14pm
what shop did she work at she looks more like a prostitute than a shop worker

Caught looting in Currys, in a Currys uniform!!
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:24pm
proper wrong that is. have seen it all going off again its just pure anarchy now
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:41pm
i can't believe whats going on, more shops and cars set on fire, THUGS, what more can the police do
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:43pm
i no mate im watching sky news and its just horrendous, thankfully ive just spoke to my uncle and its his day off so he aint working today as he is based in grenwich but may have to be called as bck up becuse of these thugs
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:46pm
im watching sky news, its shocking, ive just seen a taxi on fire, they have got back up on they way, they said before, how long till there are deaths
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:48pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
im watching sky news, its shocking, ive just seen a taxi on fire, they have got back up on they way, they said before, how long till there are deaths

yes houses on fire and all sorts isnt there mate thats what m watching, i wnted to wtch the cricket but can not turn this off
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:51pm
my wife has missed her soaps, im going nowhere, i cant understand why people are driving around the area, stay inside, safe and well
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:55pm
Attacks in Birmingham according to bbc news.
Omg. I cant believe what i am watching on tv and reading online.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 6:59pm
it was always going to spread, mindless thugs, thats all they are now, poeple looking for trouble,
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:02pm
my wife has missed her soaps, im going nowhere, i cant understand why people are driving around the area, stay inside, safe and well

i no mate my missus lives 10 mins away from leyton were it kicked off last night hopefully were she actully lives wont kick off its like port sunlight type of area so should be ok
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:04pm
oh god, i hope to god she will be ok mate
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:12pm
oh god, i hope to god she will be ok mate

she will be fine mate dont worry she is in the bath chilling out, thankfully they r a nice community so her area will be ok
Posted By: puntoar Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:14pm
Its getting closer, my mate lives in Birmingham and is stuck in work due to copycat idiots over there
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:15pm
Its getting closer, my mate lives in Birmingham and is stuck in work due to copycat idiots over there

its gonna go off everywere hope to god this finishes soon were going into a meltdown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:22pm
http://thewestlondener.wordpress.com/2011/08/08/more-london-disturbances-tonight/
Posted By: Clive Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:24pm
Link dont work, all i get is
thewestlondener.wordpress.com doesn’t exist
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:25pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Watch live
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:29pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

They are saying they won`t goto jail because theres not enough room in the jails, thats not good, if any of them are watching this that wont help at all smack
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:43pm
Interesting reading about riots here.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:50pm
this cant carry on much longer, it looks like a copper got hurt just then on sky news, lets hope they can contol it in Birmingham, and it does'nt go as far as it has in London, i think the police force all over the country should be on high alert
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:54pm
So many buildings being set on fire! frown
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:55pm
its ridiculous thats all i can say
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:56pm
this cant carry on much longer, it looks like a copper got hurt just then on sky news, lets hope they can contol it in Birmingham, and it does'nt go as far as it has in London, i think the police force all over the country should be on high alert

They keep asking the public `spectators` to go home so they can deal with the thugs.

this won`t go on much longer no, there are going to be innocent people hurt here soon, the police are going to target ANYONE on the streets, you watch.

Theres a method in their pleas for a reason!
Posted By: assassin Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:56pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_london
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 7:59pm
What a major messup! Imagine the unemployment rate due to this?

This country already has mass debt problems, insurance is going to go up, taxes ect, stupid barstard`s mad
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:03pm
They're burning houses now!! omg
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:08pm
they made police cutts not so long ago, what a joke, all the thugs know the police force is stretched, they are starting on the public now, someone had a camera taken off them before, sad sad people sorry animals
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:08pm
Telegraph live report:

20.56 Victoria Ward in Peckham writes:

"Just watching a group of teenagers ransack Iceland in Peckham. They're running in and out with armfuls of food and drink. Not a policeman in sight. Someone on the street is yelling "make sure you get Frebreeze".
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:10pm
(Apologies for the botched link, guys. Its up on facey if any of the non luddites- like me blush know how to cut and paste it). Obv. I refer to peeps in my f.b list!
Posted By: assassin Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:16pm
http://news.sky.com/home/liveplus

skynews live
Posted By: poodlepup Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:17pm
Rumours on twitter that its starting in liverpool and manchester, sick chavs!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:17pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Telegraph live report:

20.56 Victoria Ward in Peckham writes:

"Just watching a group of teenagers ransack Iceland in Peckham. They're running in and out with armfuls of food and drink. Not a policeman in sight. Someone on the street is yelling "make sure you get Frebreeze".

its looking bad in croydon now, no one is safe, looting going on everwhere

panic over james cameron is come back early of his holiday
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:19pm
Its getting really bad now. That fire in Croyden is huge and spreading.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:20pm
http://birminghamriots2011.tumblr.com/
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:26pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
Its getting really bad now. That fire in Croyden is huge and spreading.

watching it on sky news, the helecopter footage looks like bombs have been dropped over london
Posted By: puntoar Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:29pm
Just hope it gets no closer to us
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:32pm
Just hope it gets no closer to us

with you on that 1,
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:33pm
panic over james cameron is come back early of his holiday
Hope he's brought the Terminator with him! raftl
Posted By: Shambo Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:38pm
Uh oh! Reports coming in from Birkenhead that somebody threw a Twix at a traffic warden and in Liscard a bin has been kicked over. Oh the humanity! cry
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:39pm
Originally Posted by Shambo
Uh oh! Reports coming in from Birkenhead that somebody threw a Twix at a traffic warden and in Liscard a bin has been kicked over. Oh the humanity! cry
I just left the question on FB, 'If riots broke out in Birkenhead, which shops would be hit?'
Posted By: Shambo Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:42pm
Can I just be the first to say that if a riot breaks out in Birkenhead, it will cause literally thousands of pounds worth of improvements.
Posted By: assassin Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:53pm
raftl someone tell them they lit the Olympic Torch is a year early raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:55pm
If riots broke out in Birkenhead, the fags that are Merseyside Police would choose set-up a huge speed trap involving every officer at the Bromborough end of the A41, so we'd all be screwed!!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:56pm
see Londons Burning making a come back

sorry had to get that 1 in
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 8:57pm
Originally Posted by Shambo
Can I just be the first to say that if a riot breaks out in Birkenhead, it will cause literally thousands of pounds worth of improvements.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:04pm
New event for London 2012 - rioting.
Posted By: assassin Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:06pm
@LivEchonews Liverpool Echo
Just to confirm - absolutely no sign of any rioting in Liverpool & no reason for any to start
Posted By: lemonhead Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:08pm
Originally Posted by assassin
Just to confirm - absolutely no sign of any rioting in Liverpool & no reason for any to start

i can't see it going off in Liverpool or even closer
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:09pm
Originally Posted by assassin
That's a relief. I'll bet the thought has crossed a good few scallie minds tonight though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:10pm
Liverpool, it won't happen. I truly think there's too much 'pride' in Liverpool. I'd hate to be proven wrong.

Wirral... well, what can I say? I can't see there being an issue.
Posted By: lansyp Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:11pm
its time to bring out the army with the real guns,how can you turn round and think that burning down shops and putting the poor people who do have jobs on the dole is going to help. mindless ,stupid ,lazy arse people just looting and putting all the insurance premiums through the roof.i was bought up in the riots of the 80s it did nothing to make things better then,it will do nothing now. its time to stop this now
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:15pm
Wirral... well, what can I say? I can't see there being an issue.
Apathy probably prevents rioting this side of the water...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:16pm
frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:27pm
I, for one, was on such a high after attending Liverpool Pride, Sat. evening.
Got home to all this Shit-talk about a comedown! Fookin 'ell!!?!
What is it about? Does anybody know? Ive heard about Duggan, race, social disaffection etc etc. All just speculation on LBC radio.
WTF is going on? And why?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:40pm
Greed
Posted By: lansyp Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 9:41pm
They should spray them all with smart water or petrol but I suppose it will cost to much for petrol ,bio diesel would be ch eaper .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 10:12pm
Anybody know anything about disturbances in Church St, Liverpool? (Facebook rumour at this point).
Posted By: jenscho Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 10:23pm
I just read this on facebook too, I think I read about smithdown road and either lark or lodge lane (I got a bad memory for a 28 yr old!). Really hope it is just rumours
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 11:54pm
http://news.sky.com/home/

live at liverpool, it`s true.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 11:57pm
yep live on sky news,liverpool violence,twitter was right!

water cannons and if not rubber bullets,the police have got to deter them somehow!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 11:57pm
http://twitpic.com/635q18 - A photo taken in Liverpool before, smithdown road area I think (on me phone so not had much time to investigate).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 8th Aug 2011 11:59pm
facebook n twitter should be shut down while this is going on. as its telling nobs where to go.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 12:01am
m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGwJvH9Ak7ww%26feature%3Dshare&feature=share&v=GwJvH9Ak7ww&gl=US - not sure if that will work but a video of rioting in Upper Parliament street in Toxteth happening now. Just waiting for it to buffer on my phone (shite signal + 2G = i might be here a while lol)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 12:03am
[youtube]GwJvH9Ak7[/youtube] try that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 12:18am
Manchester now too frown full moon tonight?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 12:20am
[youtube]GwJvH9Ak7ww[/youtube]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 5:40am
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150333636850851

There really are some utterly horrendous people in this world.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 12:11pm
26-year-old man shot in car in Croydon last night has died in hospital
Posted By: Tombraider Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 12:30pm
More riots expected tonight!
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 2:01pm
A bit of a smiley comment, even though I'm typing it through tears.

I've been told by a friend that after them having finished a 20+ hour shift, in full riot gear, coming under attack, some of them covered in cuts & bruises, a couple of members of the public came up to them all with McDonalds breakfasts and coffees/teas to say thank you!

clap
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 2:25pm
Dreadful behaviour
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 2:27pm
This made me smile
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 6:23pm
Its kicking off in Manchester now. No that's not some rumour I heard on Facebook. Heres a picture to back it up.

http://yfrog.com/kjnxqquj
Posted By: Wheels Re: riots in tottenham - 9th Aug 2011 6:44pm
my partners sister live near by and went past the shop as it was on fire.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: riots in tottenham - 10th Aug 2011 8:41am
Not far from our Manchester office that, Ian.

I'm working on going home from work and hibernating again tonight. There certainly won't be any riots anywhere near me.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 10th Aug 2011 7:40pm
[youtube]1N1_aB7ogx0[/youtube]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 10th Aug 2011 7:45pm
LMFAO Wench brilliant vid laugh
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 10th Aug 2011 7:50pm
Brill
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: riots in tottenham - 10th Aug 2011 7:51pm
Excellent
x
Posted By: yewgarth Re: riots in tottenham - 10th Aug 2011 8:07pm
raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 7:55am
This is a picture taken by a mate in another county of his colleagues part way through a 15-20hr shift last night. The side of Policing that is rarely seen frown

Attached picture what you don't see.jpg
Posted By: bert1 Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:22am
They'll be alright when they get next months pay cheque.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:24am
It won't be that much extra unless it gets the go ahead from up high I fear. One mate has just told me that "Since Saturday,I've spent 98hrs on duty, worn 2 pairs of socks, made 3 arrests (personally), and had more than 30 cups of tea..."

To say I want to hug him is an understatement. He makes me proud grin
Posted By: bert1 Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:30am
They'll get it, they have pay and conditions contracts like everyone else, there would be a public outcry if they never.

Aren't our police getting younger oldman
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:46am
Except for all the ones who did it voluntarily! Even if they do get paid extra, they bloody deserve it!! I can't see many people happily doing what they did for the first few nights before some of the public got behind them (for a change). 20+ hr shifts in heavy riot gear, coming under fire from bricks and other missiles, the Officer in WMP who was shot at, the numerous others injured! Seeing things going on and not being able to do anything because they were outnumbered 10:1 at one point, scared to do anything to help for fear of the usual uproar in the media about being heavy handed. Damned if they do, damned if they don't!! Missing out on sleep and food/drinks, time with their families, the worry that their families have had to go through, watching what the innocent members of the public are going through from the greed and wanton distruction of a minority hellbent on causing maximum mayhem because they think they're untouchable!!

Yeah, a few extra quid in the pay packet certainly makes up for all that!!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:48am
I'd like to know how this all kicked off and whose fault it was.
As far as I can tell it started with Mark Duggan being shot and his family and a crowd of neighbours trying to get answers from the police, this crowd then being used by others as an excuse to kick off and loot.
In a statement it said: "At around 6.15 officers from Trident, accompanied by officers from the Specialist Firearms Command (CO19), stopped a minicab in Ferry Lane, Tottenham to carry out an arrest.

"Shots were fired and a 29-year-old man, who was a passenger in the cab, died at the scene.

"The attempted arrest was part of a pre-planned operation under Trident.
It has since been said that shots were not fired by Mark Duggan
contrary to first reports

What was this pre planned operation that entailed the arrest of someone in a minicab on a public highway with the use of guns instead of at that persons home.
Notice the word criminality being used a lot by mps police etc
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 9:13am
Originally Posted by bert1
They'll be alright when they get next months pay cheque.
Bert that's very small minded of you!
Their pay, as with the armed forces does not reflect the danger and situations that they are placed in.What do you think would have been the outcome if they had all thrown a'sicky',I dread to think?Please give them the respect they deserve.Phew!!!Hot flush triggered now.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 9:16am
I missed out the same applies to the Fire Brigade and the Ambulance service, both of which were stopped from doing their jobs because it was unsafe to do so. They also had to stand by and watch what was going on whilst fighting the urge to risk their own lives and do the job they love and are "paid to do".
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 9:43am
Apols too from Bezzy,I unintentionally forgot to include the Fire and Ambulance Services.
Posted By: bert1 Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 9:59am
Not small minded at all, there is no one who respects the police and armed forces etc more than me, anyone who knows me will know i won't have a bad word said against them and on more than one occasion i have defended them on here. While i will defend them and we all know we would rather they didn't have to face what they have in the last few days, we also have to recognise that no one is press ganged into these type of jobs, they have to take the rough with the smooth, preferably smooth but sometimes it gets rough, if there level of pay doesn't reflect the danger their put in, what does?, what level of hourly rate makes it ok to be put in danger? none i would imagine, all i was getting at was, they might be tired now but next months pay will cheer them up a bit.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 10:12am
Quite true bert as well. When I was in boats the conditions were horrendous but come pay day because of the hard layers money it all came right again.
There was an aplogist for the rioters on bbc this morning, an primary school assistant and what an role model she was for the kids, body piercing that was well over the top and could hardly put a sentence together. Them kids stand no chance, she was right there, but the rest of it was pure liberal bull. The beeb then had a discussion on it with the panel consisting of a Guardian journalist and some waster from some social justice charity, it's enough to make you weep.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 10:21am
@Wench, that picture could be read two ways, I think we could guess which newspapers would read it which way wink
Posted By: LilJen Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 10:27am
fukin nobs those rioters
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 10:59am
Originally Posted by LilJen
fukin nobs those rioters
withthat

... bags the lot of them
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 12:30pm
PM says that faces must not be covered in public,is this for all creads and colours?
Posted By: Snickas Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 12:41pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
PM says that faces must not be covered in public,is this for all creads and colours?

[Linked Image] I see the PM has his thinking cap on when he said that!!! I understand and agree to an extent BUT what about those with religious beliefs?

what a muppet
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 4:09pm
That's what I thought Snickas.Surely not another case of a rule for one etc.?
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 4:33pm
I think it went on to say "where criminal behavior is suspected"?? That better?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 5:33pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
I think it went on to say "where criminal behavior is suspected"?? That better?
Yes, thankyou for calarification!
Posted By: Touchstone Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:14pm
Originally Posted by Snickas

[Linked Image] I see the PM has his thinking cap on when he said that!!! I understand and agree to an extent BUT what about those with religious beliefs?

what a muppet

Sod religious beliefs. People's religious beliefs should never be above the law and they shouldn't have special allowances in this or any other cases. Everybody should be treated equally in the eyes of the law.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:21pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
@Wench, that picture could be read two ways, I think we could guess which newspapers would read it which way wink

Well, it's been picked up, as has friends blog laugh Makes me proud to call them friends grin clap

These guys make me so proud..
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 11th Aug 2011 8:30pm
But as CVCVCV pointed out to me,it's only in certain circumstances!
Originally Posted by Touchstone

what a muppet

Sod religious beliefs. People's religious beliefs should never be above the law and they shouldn't have special allowances in this or any other cases. Everybody should be treated equally in the eyes of the law.
Posted By: Wench Re: riots in tottenham - 12th Aug 2011 12:49pm
Quality typo by Channel 4 news on twitter raftl

HaHaHa
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: riots in tottenham - 12th Aug 2011 12:54pm
I wish someone would cover the faeces at the end of our road, bloody dog poopers. It's the same one all the time but can't seem to catch him at it. Bloody disgusting.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 12th Aug 2011 12:56pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Quality typo by Channel 4 news on twitter raftl

HaHaHa

LMFAO!

laugh

Quality.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: riots in tottenham - 12th Aug 2011 1:10pm

what a muppet

If i had my way i would BAN religion, it`s all mind washing crap thats been drilled into your heads as you`ve grown up.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: riots in tottenham - 12th Aug 2011 1:26pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
[quote=Bezzymate]PM says that faces must not be covered in public,is this for all creads and colours?

what a muppet

If i had my way i would BAN religion, it`s all mind washing crap thats been drilled into your heads as you`ve grown up. [/quote] clap
Posted By: Snickas Re: riots in tottenham - 13th Aug 2011 7:44am
[Linked Image] well said Ste [Linked Image]
Posted By: detsi Re: riots in tottenham - 18th Aug 2011 8:33am
I have never been a tory voter but I do believe that Ian Duncan-Smith is one of the few honest and intelligent politicians.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/7175138/web-exclusive-fulllength-interview-with-ids.thtml
Posted By: louise127 Re: riots in tottenham - 18th Aug 2011 3:05pm
ace radio station for upto date news and comments, mostly about the capitol though
© Wirral-Wikiwirral