Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:40am
Nightmare, as that is one seriously special car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-14414889

Actor Rowan Atkinson is in a stable condition after he crashed his McLaren F1 super car which caught fire.

The Blackadder star is believed to have suffered a shoulder injury when the car hit a tree and lamppost, near Peterborough.

He is said to have walked from the car after the crash, on the A605 at Haddon on Thursday evening, and waited for an ambulance.

He was admitted to hospital and is expected to be discharged later.

Firefighters arrived on the scene to put out the fire.

A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews brought the fire under control by 8.13pm. They made the vehicle safe and used one hose reel to put out the fire.
Car enthusiast

"There was one casualty but he was not trapped."

East of England Ambulance Service said a man was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with "a minor shoulder injury" following the crash.
Rowan Atkinson on Top Gear The actor holds the lead in the Top Gear contest after completing his challenge in the fastest time

Atkinson, 56, known to be a car enthusiast, recently topped the leader's board on BBC Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car contest.

He told presenter Jeremy Clarkson he was keen on racing and was currently driving a 1964 Ford Falcon.

The star notched up the fastest time on the show, broadcast on 17 July, completing the circuit in a Kia Cee'd in 1 minute 42.2 seconds.

Atkinson achieved fame through BBC shows Not The Nine O'Clock News and Blackadder, before gaining international recognition in Mr Bean, in which his hapless character drives an old Mini.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:42am
It's quite amazing he's relatively ok after the speed he was going at!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:44am
Question is: Why was he doing such a speed?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:45am
I believe he has suffered a broken shoulder.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:46am
Originally Posted by Spritey_Nikki
It's quite amazing he's relatively ok after the speed he was going at!

Am I being thick as I can't see a reference to speed?

It would take a sneeze and a small prod of the loud pedal to get that thing sideways and out of control.
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:47am
I know I read it somewhere else, on the daily mail i think, he was going 100mph+...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:48am
I can't see it in that article and the picture doesn't look like a 100mph crash.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 11:51am
Having said that...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...supercar-bursts-flames-hitting-tree.html

These pics make it look worse.

Police have said it didn't burst into flames though.
Posted By: Clive Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 12:26pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Question is: Why was he doing such a speed?

Any more assumptions?
Why was he doing such a speed? Nowhere does it suggest he was speeding. Unless I am wrong, if so please point me in right direction to where it says he was speeding, and I will apologize
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 12:39pm
hmmm maybe I am wrong - although I am sure i read it somewhere he was speeding...
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 12:42pm
All said even if he wasn't speeding - something's going wrong coz it's not the first time he's crashed that car...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 1:30pm
It's not an easy car to drive, and its fookin fast.

But yeah, I doubt he does that many miles in it.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 2:59pm
Obviously driving with his Mr Bean head firmly afixed. So long as he is ok that's the main thing.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rowan Atkinson crashes his McLaren F1 - 5th Aug 2011 3:17pm
Speeding or not he must have been travelling at a fair rate of knots, all the rear suspension is missing inc engine and gearbox omg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral