Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Amy winehouse dead - 23rd Jul 2011 4:47pm
Rip frown Don't know full story yet.. on sky news now...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy winehouse dead - 23rd Jul 2011 4:53pm
Remember kids, don't do drugs clap
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy winehouse dead - 23rd Jul 2011 4:54pm
Sky news
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Amy winehouse dead - 23rd Jul 2011 4:55pm
Such a young age and what a waste of talent R.I.P frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy winehouse dead - 23rd Jul 2011 4:57pm
Unexplained?
Please! Crack cocaine was the cause, other possibility being an airlock or water in the needle she was using, pics please smile
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 10:45am
Have no repected for her She could had sorted her live out.
How come she got most of the front pages of the sunday people when there where 92 people killed in Norway who where going about doing there own business when they where killed only got a quater of the front page.

ONE BAGHEAD SMACKHEAD LESS.

P.s Sorry if this is offencesive But am stating a true fact and this post will probery be removed
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 10:50am
It would appear alcohol was her drug of choice and death on this occasion.

Alcohol - something which we all partake in...
Posted By: Silverback Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 12:13pm
Originally Posted by 2005wireman
Have no repected for her She could had sorted her live out.
How come she got most of the front pages of the sunday people when there where 92 people killed in Norway who where going about doing there own business when they where killed only got a quater of the front page.

ONE BAGHEAD SMACKHEAD LESS.

P.s Sorry if this is offencesive But am stating a true fact and this post will probery be removed

You answered your own question, she was just a drug addict, an expected death, with out a sell by date, not a lot to think about.

Norway on the other hand has frightening conotations for those in power if the intelligent "nutters" out there think about it too much.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 12:32pm
Bullcrap, alcohol my ass. It's a conspiracy!

Lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 12:53pm
All too often I read these threads and just sit here shaking my head in disbelief.
Posted By: Wench Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 12:56pm
5 days ago, a man was killed fighting for our country & a young local man from the RAF, who was due to get his medal for his tour in Afghanistan next week, was killed in an accident whilst on Op Ellamy. Did you know this? Do you know their names? Did you care?

A singer "addicted" to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news, facebook and twitter in minutes!!! People are camping outside her house, crying and wailing, lighting candles, leaving bottles of alcohol (WTF) and taking pictures of her front door. The mind boggles!

RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion the Rifles and SAC James "Smarty" Smart from 2MT Squadron from someone who cares!

THESE are role models that should be mourned! Yes it is sad when any young person dies but let's get some perspective. She chose her death, the others didn't. Same with the people murdered in Norway! They didn't choose to die.

I don't subscribe to alcohol and drug "addiction" being an illness. Nobody forces them to drink or take drugs, it was a choice! They CHOSE to take them. Makes my blood boil mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 1:03pm
I don't feel bad for not knowing his name, I have no reason to, and I doubt anybody else makes it their business to actively try and discover the names of soldiers that have died in order to remember their names.

But I do understand what you're saying.

Posted By: Wench Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 1:07pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
I don't feel bad for not knowing his name, I have no reason to, and I doubt anybody else makes it their business to actively try and discover the names of soldiers that have died in order to remember their names.

That's what it takes to make the point though Al. I've heard a lot of people saying that they didn't even know about what had happened in Norway, yet they knew all about Amy Winehouse. It makes no sense!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 1:22pm
Those poor people in Norway were faceless and nameless to everyone except those that knew them. Everyone knew Amy Winehouse.

If you or I died tragically tomorrow, most of the world would still be mourning AW, I wouldn't hold it against them though.

She was well known and in the media spotlight. If she'd have been at camp in Norway when she was killed, imagine the public outpouring then!

It's not that people don't care as such.

Posted By: Silverback Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 1:31pm
Originally Posted by Wench
Originally Posted by Nobody

That's what it takes to make the point though Al. I've heard a lot of people saying that they didn't even know about what had happened in Norway, yet they knew all about Amy Winehouse. It makes no sense!

People have lived with the name "Amy Winehouse" for good or bad, for eight or nine years, even old farts know who or what she was.

People expected Winehouse to die, some will greet it with sadness, some with I told you so's.

Norway on the other hand is new, fresh, unexpected and will take time to filter into the jaded minds of the general public, who hear about atrocities on a regular basis.

Usually as a means to impose more restrictions, excuse a rise in the price of commodities, or beg for more charitable donations.

Posted By: Shambo Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 3:18pm
too soon?
[youtube]7nJtCD8jdaY[/youtube]
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 5:47pm
No your not.
Good post Wench
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 5:51pm
ERRRRRRRRRRRRM WHEN WAS SHE GOOD.
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Amy winehouse dead - 25th Jul 2011 8:05pm
Originally Posted by Shambo
too soon?
[youtube]7nJtCD8jdaY[/youtube]