Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Car packed in to van.... - 15th Jun 2011 11:05pm
Tickled me....

[Linked Image]

Police in Germany were stunned when they pulled over a white van - and found a car packed on its side in the back.

Two men from Kazakhstan had decided to save on a trailer cost after snapping up the silver Mazda 626 to ship back home.

When the car didn't fit in the van the proper way up - the two men called a few pals and loaded it in on its side - putting a mattress underneath to stop the doors getting scratched.

Full Story
Posted By: Little_B Re: Car packed in to van.... - 15th Jun 2011 11:33pm
what do you think the chances of me gettin a shelby GT into this country that way. Would love one me
Posted By: TheDr Re: Car packed in to van.... - 16th Jun 2011 12:56am
Well I once managed to fit an Armstrong (MT500 I think) into the back of a Rover SD1 to bring it back from London, and there has been a time when an extremely recently (the same day) decommisioned ambulance (I wouldn't use one that was out of service for a few days because that would be wrong) was used to transport a Subaru SVX. Very similar to the picture above, but it was stripped down, completely, everything, every last grommet, the shell of them isn't too heavy at that point smile

Got to hand it to them though, that is absolutely fantastic, and the mattress to stop the doors getting scratched is just pure class. As somebody kindly pointed out with a number of pictures, men can fix anything laugh
Posted By: Wheels Re: Car packed in to van.... - 16th Jun 2011 9:02am
seen this on video yesterday on Liveleak raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Car packed in to van.... - 16th Jun 2011 9:34am
laugh
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Car packed in to van.... - 16th Jun 2011 12:58pm
Reminds me of this pic...

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral