Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 19th Apr 2011 9:39pm
Britons have enjoyed the hottest day of the year so far, with Tuesday temperatures topping 25C (77F) - higher than those in Australia and South Africa.

Forecasters warned that it could be even hotter on Wednesday.

The warmest place in the country was in Gravesend in Kent where the mercury hit 25.1C (77.18F) while in St James' Park in central London temperatures reached 24.2.C (75.6F).

Unusually Britain was hotter than Sydney (23C / 73.4F), Los Angeles (16C / 60.8F) and Cape Town (23C / 73.4F)

It reached 22.6C at Heathrow Airport while in Marham in Norfolk it climbed to 22.5C.

Barry Gromett, a Met Office forecaster, said: “It might be even hotter tomorrow with temperatures of even 26C in or around London. Most places across the country are likely to see temperatures into the 20Cs.”

Source

Wirral weather for next 10 days

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 19th Apr 2011 9:52pm
stuck in work til Thursday...and I bet the weather is crap over Easter.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 19th Apr 2011 10:08pm
I heard summit the other day about thunder storms next week smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 20th Apr 2011 7:37am
Lol, isnt this the most pointless news report ever (I mean the Telegraph btw Suzi, not the wiki post lol).

I'm looking at it and thinking... are they going to do a report every time the temperature is a bit higher lol; the years warm weather is only just beginning, of course there is going to be a warmest day of the year already lol. And hellooooooo, but since both S.Africa and Australia are in the Southern Hemisphere, id expect with them entering their winter, they are cooler than us in the Northern Hemisphere, who are entering our summer!

laugh
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 20th Apr 2011 7:50am
I know Matt raftl makes me chuckle how they can even sensationalise the weather smile Wanted something to stick up before the Wirral 10-day forecast raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 21st Apr 2011 8:28pm
Does that mean if tomorrow's warmer, then that will be the hottest day of the year? NEWS FLASH!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 21st Apr 2011 8:59pm
yep smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 21st Apr 2011 9:00pm
well what ever the temp is today or tomorrow...enjoy it in case this is summer raftl
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 21st Apr 2011 9:05pm
we were in london monday and tuesday, was great smile my phone showed 26c in trafalgar square about 2:00 in the afternoon.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Hottest day of the year tops 25C - 22nd Apr 2011 3:31pm
Seem to remember getting sun burnt in early October in London a couple of years ago!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral