Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Tax! What's that all about - 22nd Feb 2011 9:55am
Just had tax code notification and from what I can see the tax code remains the same so the increase in pension you get will be taxed at 20%, if you was lucky enough to work all your life that is, so don't be surprised. The loafers will get the full increase.

It's enough to make a Bishop burn his Bible and go bagging off.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Tax! What's that all about - 22nd Feb 2011 12:23pm
pensioners shouldn't have to pay tax but this country no longer seems to care for the good folk

its a disgrace
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Tax! What's that all about - 22nd Feb 2011 1:02pm
What it is poodle, to me anyway, is that they make big announcements about increases (not only in this case) but take it away with the other hand. It happens everytime. Remember years ago when I was getting supplementary benefit, because my wages were so low, that I got a pay rise which took me just above the level for the benefit so I lost it and ended up worse off. Last years pension rise was the same, increase with one hand and lift it back out of my pocket with the other, meanwhile the price of everything goes up. I'm starting to get a bit p.....d off.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Tax! What's that all about - 22nd Feb 2011 1:03pm
Anyone who has worked all or the majority of their life should not have to pay tax at all. the the likes of them people that's kept this country going so they should get a break later on in life!
Just my two pence worth.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Tax! What's that all about - 22nd Feb 2011 3:58pm
yes its so unfair they way our country treats its elders,most have worked and payed tax all their life and end up with the same amount of money as someone who has never worked

not only that they are now cutting costs for care of the eldery

and i think it will get worse yet no buspass soon i bet
Posted By: chriskay Re: Tax! What's that all about - 12th Mar 2011 10:04pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup

and i think it will get worse yet no buspass soon i bet

It's already started here. From April I won't be able to use my bus pass on the Park & Ride buses.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Tax! What's that all about - 12th Mar 2011 10:07pm
This whole country is a sham! Discrace.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Tax! What's that all about - 12th Mar 2011 10:16pm
Chriskay sorry to hear that,this goverment are hitting the wrong people!

oh no i feel a rant coming on.......
Posted By: kermit Re: Tax! What's that all about - 12th Mar 2011 11:42pm
Oh dont get me started on the care for the elderly or the lack of it. You wont shut me up
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Tax! What's that all about - 13th Mar 2011 12:07am
Originally Posted by kermit
Oh dont get me started on the care for the elderly or the lack of it. You wont shut me up

Not everywhere... I'd also say that that was more so related to poor staffing/management not taxes. There are some fantastic carers out there that don't get the praise they deserve and often their efforts go unnoticed due to the lack of 'caring' other staff/companies provide or the lack of understanding family have with their relatives conditions...
Posted By: kermit Re: Tax! What's that all about - 13th Mar 2011 12:12am
There are carers out there that do a fantastic job's especially when members of the family cant be bother or find it easier not to be involved in the care of there own parent.

There are also some carers that should nt be doing the job if they dont like it.
Posted By: ema_lou Re: Tax! What's that all about - 13th Mar 2011 12:27am
Oh definately there are some shocking 'carers' out there! I've worked with and had many disagreements (putting it politely) with people that shouldn't and don't want to be doing the job! Its thanks to all the people that abuse 'unfair dismissal' that companies are reluctant to sack people... 1 place i worked at even had a witness saying this particular person had pushed a client and the court ruled it was 1 staff members word against another and she got a pay out of £8000.... ALL wrong.... Makes me so cross
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Tax! What's that all about - 13th Mar 2011 12:29am
some of the care homes are terrible already,and are set to become worse when their budgets are cut

i wouldn't put my dog in some never mind a parent
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Tax! What's that all about - 13th Mar 2011 12:34am
I worked for a large company that wouldn't sack some of the worst carer's iv'e worked with,your right about all the unfair dismal claims.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral