Forums
Posted By: Anonymous BGT Flop Wants To Sue Simon Cowell - 23rd Jul 2010 1:19am
BGT Flop Wants To Sue Simon Cowell

A woman who blames illness for her failure on Britain's Got Talent wants to sue the TV show for discrimination because she felt humiliated by the judges.

Emma Amelia Pearl Czikai said she wants her dignity back after Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan buzzed her off in the opening seconds of power ballad You Raise Me Up.

The third BGT judge, Amanda Holden, then rejected her at the point she reached the chorus, crushing her dream of singing glory.

Millions watched the studio audience cry "off, off, off" before Cowell labelled the 54-year-old's singing voice "horrible" after she had taken three attempts at the song.

Ms Czikai, from Sutton Coldfield, near Birmingham, attacked the show during a London hearing, claiming health problems hindered her performance.

She said she suffers from fibromyalgia - a condition that causes painful swelling all over the body and extreme tiredness - and struggled to hold the microphone close to her mouth.

She told Sky News a second clip of her "singing beautifully" was recorded for spin-off show Britain's Got More Talent.

At the hearing, she said the talent contest was tantamount to "backdoor modern slavery", guilty of "modern-day barbarism" and acts of "atrocity" against wannabe stars.

The wannabe singer, who claims illness affects her hearing, wants to bring an employment tribunal against BGT and Cowell for disability discrimination.

Ms Czikai has labelled media reports claiming her motivation was £2.4m in compensation "wrong".

She told Sky News she simply wants her dignity back.

Footage of Miss Czikai's poor performance was posted on YouTube.

Miss Czikai argues that allowing repeated viewings, without a link to an improved performance on Britain's Got More Talent, "was an act of harassment perpetrated in the full knowledge I was being degraded and humiliated because of illnesses".

She said: "I haven't asked for a penny for myself. If I'm awarded anything at all it will go to the charities that I support that help the suffering of animals and people.

"I wish everyone would watch the broadcast of me singing on Britain's Got More Talent, put their comments in on YouTube and tell me I can sing."

She added: "I have probably sung better than anyone else they have had on the programme."

The pre-trial review at Central London Tribunal Court will determine whether an employment tribunal can hear her case.

Thomas Linden QC, representing Cowell's Simco Ltd, said Ms Czikai's claim was without foundation.

He said the contestant was not employed by either the show or Cowell's company and the judges were unaware of her disability.

SKY NEWS
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: BGT Flop Wants To Sue Simon Cowell - 23rd Jul 2010 4:18am
Money digger! No shit sherlock wot a waste of time reading about thìs twerp!! 5 seconds of my life-wasted :tut:
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BGT Flop Wants To Sue Simon Cowell - 23rd Jul 2010 4:41am
LOL laugh
Posted By: bert1 Re: BGT Flop Wants To Sue Simon Cowell - 23rd Jul 2010 5:03am
I've only watched that show once and i felt fookin ill, i wonder if i can sue. think
Posted By: AR_One Re: BGT Flop Wants To Sue Simon Cowell - 23rd Jul 2010 11:55am
Do these dimwits not realise that the whole point of the show is to be humilated by Cowell at al for the ammusment of the public - it's the 21st version of throwing the Christians to the Lions.

Going to famous - my A*SE laugh

I bet she signed a conract before she was filmed allowing them to do anything they liked!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral