Forums
Posted By: Anonymous MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 4:16pm
MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY

FURY has erupted after a shopping centre became the first in Britain to introduce Muslim-only toilets.

The Middle Eastern-style squat holes, just a hole in the ground, are common in Asia.
[img:right]http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/144429/MUSLIM-PUBLIC-LOO-FURY/[/img]
Two of the £200 “Nile pan” units have been put into the Exchange shopping centre in Rochdale, where one in five people is Asian.

But locals have blasted them as a waste of cash. One angry resident, Ellen Dean, 49, fumed: “I work in a bookies here and everyone who comes in is up in arms about them.

“They are totally unnecessary. Even the majority of the Muslims here don’t seem to want them.

“Most of the people of Rochdale won’t be able to use them and I guarantee elderly people will be totally confused by them.”

Cleaner Scott Hewitt, 36, added: “No-one can understand the point of these, they’re just a joke.

“A lot of the Muslims I know would be too embarrassed to use them.
“It’s like something from a Third World country.”

Even Rochdale councillor Daalat Ali said: “I’m a Muslim myself and I’ve never wanted anything different to anyone else. I don’t know why they’ve come up with this idea.”

The pans were installed after centre management attended a “cultural” training course with community activist Ghulam Rasul Shahzad.
Shahzad, an ex-Rochdale Council training officer, runs courses on “cultural understanding and community cohesion”.

He took shopping centre manager Lorenzo O’Reilly on a tour around the town’s Central Mosque, even showing him the loos. And Mr O’Reilly decided to provide one squat hole in the ladies’ and one in the gents’ for “cultural reasons”.

Mr Shahzad said: “The management were very committed to improving the service they offered to the community.

“We always work together to understand each other from both sides and find a balance. That is the beauty of Rochdale. That is why I am proud to be a Rochdalian.”

A spokeswoman for the shopping centre said: “When we were planning the toilets, this was something that cropped up.

“We think they’re the first in the country to be put in a shopping centre.”

In 2007 bakery giant Greggs installed similar toilets at their Scottish headquarters, despite the fact that no Muslims worked there.

THE DAILY STAR
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 4:20pm
Hang on .... it's not April 1st today is it. ??
Posted By: bert1 Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 4:34pm
Mr Crapper will be turding in his grave, or is it turning in his grave, shit i can't remember now.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 4:39pm
raftl speechless
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 4:44pm
What a load of shit!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 5:03pm
FFS! Cultural awareness courses seem to cause nothing but trouble!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 6:31pm
Surprised they aren't providing them camels to ride instead of those wicked infidel cars.
Posted By: Wheels Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 8:33pm
Well Atleast you can't wee on the seat
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 9:11pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
Well Atleast you can't wee on the seat

raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl laffin
Posted By: sean Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 9:48pm
i've just been working in italy and loads of the resturants and bars have those. i was busting for turd one night and had to hold it in til i got back to my hotel
Posted By: Wench Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 10:49pm
*shakes head*
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 15th Jul 2010 11:29pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
FFS! Cultural awareness courses seem to cause nothing but trouble!

And a waste of cash!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 12:30am
That reminds me of old borat on ali g show hes at a toffs bowling club and is shown the toilets and goes to urinal an squats over it! Bloke shows him a bog but borat says theres room for 3-4 men to do a dirt at urinal and if its busy can you piss in the sink! Classic! Lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 12:48am
Heres the youtube vid of it! Well funny! www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6pVNSNPuiM
Posted By: davew3 Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 7:17am
Don't see any reason to complain about the "Muslim" or toilets you squat to use as Birkenhead docks has them or had them from the year dot,"diversity" is not new on Miseryside as it was a major port so we had had different people from nations around the world,so as they say nothing new here please move along.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 8:29am
Seems a bit silly calling them Muslim toilets - I'm sure it cannot be Sharia law that dictates one must poo through a hole in the ground.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 9:15am
Its just probably cheaper to make a hole in the ground than fit a porcelain throne....

Im sure that will be the end reasoning for it.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 2:55pm
When I was out in the Middle East and the Far East there were hundreds of them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 3:00pm
Originally Posted by sean
i've just been working in italy and loads of the resturants and bars have those. i was busting for turd one night and had to hold it in til i got back to my hotel

Sometimes I think we share far too much personal information on this forum!! raftl
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 16th Jul 2010 3:40pm
Wow with all this "It's people rights" we may one day have pubs where smokers can smoke as it is "their right" . . . imagine the uproar.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 17th Jul 2010 8:37am
Smoking? Now that is filthy.
Posted By: bert1 Re: MUSLIM PUBLIC LOO FURY - 17th Jul 2010 9:02am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Smoking? Now that is filthy.

nothing worse than a reformed...........grrrrr
© Wirral-Wikiwirral