Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Bus catching cat - killed - 19th Jan 2010 11:38am
Originally Posted by Telegraph
A cat who earned worldwide fame for taking free bus rides in Plymouth, Devon, has died after being struck by a car.
Casper, who was a familiar figure on public transport in the city is thought to have been the victim of a hit and run incident.

The pet, from Barne Barton, queued up with fellow passengers in order to get around the city....

[Linked Image]

Source

RIP Casper frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 19th Jan 2010 11:40am
Ticket-dodging cat!! His owner should have made him a little hi-viz vest!
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 19th Jan 2010 11:46am
I saw that in the Metro today, ah well he can live up to his Casper name now. Hit and run, it's a sad state of affairs. Is that the owner of the cat there? It was an accident waiting to happen. tease
Posted By: starbuck75 Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 19th Jan 2010 11:48am
Aw yeah i just read that in the Metro, R.I.P little fella, he's gone to that great big bus stop in the sky.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 19th Jan 2010 11:50am
Originally Posted by starbuck75
Aw yeah i just read that in the Metro, R.I.P little fella, he's gone to that great big bus stop in the sky.

Bet they still don't come on time there too.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 10:46am
At the end of the day, you have to stop if you hit a dog, but not if you hit a cat. So it's not a hit and run. Shame though.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 10:58am
Harsh days. poor cat. I saw a dead cat being scraped off Price Street last night that looked like had been mowed down
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 12:07pm
I've never quite understood why you can drive on without stopping if you hit a cat. Surely should be viewed the same as hitting a dog. Common decency would say stop and see if it's OK. Failing that, see if it has a tag/ID and tell the owner that Tiddles ain't feeling so good.

Any moggy was someone's pet and was probably loved to bits. Not getting into a pooch v. mog debate. I love them both.

I hope poor Casper didn't suffer. R.I.P. oh furry one !

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 1:07pm
I think it used to be with something to do with the dog being licensed, just something I remember from when I first started driving.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 1:09pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
I've never quite understood why you can drive on without stopping if you hit a cat. Surely should be viewed the same as hitting a dog. Common decency would say stop and see if it's OK. Failing that, see if it has a tag/ID and tell the owner that Tiddles ain't feeling so good.

Any moggy was someone's pet and was probably loved to bits. Not getting into a pooch v. mog debate. I love them both.

I hope poor Casper didn't suffer. R.I.P. oh furry one !

my dog got hit by a car a few years ago, the driver did'nt stop, someone at the bus stop rang the police and they told me the driver did'nt have to stop.. confused
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 1:11pm
Absolutely right Bandy. That's how it was when there where licenses, what about now i wonder.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 1:14pm
I think you only have to stop now if you run over a pensioner.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 1:18pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I think you only have to stop now if you run over a pensioner.

oh... whoops
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bus catching cat - killed - 20th Jan 2010 1:26pm
I get it Phil, do you paint a little pensioner logo on the side of your door when you get one? You little tinker.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral