Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Rare self-rolling giant snow balls found in UK - 10th Jan 2010 10:58pm
[Linked Image]

They may look like winter's answer to crop circles, but these mysterious snow rolls are in fact a rare natural phenomenon usually found only in the world's most remote and frozen regions.

Also known as snowrollers, snow bales and snow doughnuts, they form mostly in unusual conditions created by a precise combination of snow, ice, wind, temperature and moisture on the prairies of North America.

But this week's frozen weather has allowed the snow cylinders to make a freak appearance in the UK.

Full Article Here...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Rare self-rolling giant snow balls found in UK - 10th Jan 2010 11:45pm
nahhh they are hay bails, the snow build up at the front of them is just were the snow hasnt blown or melted away.
withthat
Posted By: scoops Re: Rare self-rolling giant snow balls found in UK - 11th Jan 2010 11:18pm
Doesn't look much like a hay bale to me
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Rare self-rolling giant snow balls found in UK - 11th Jan 2010 11:40pm
Wow, check em out on google image-brilliant, beautiful, bizarre.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Rare self-rolling giant snow balls found in UK - 11th Jan 2010 11:55pm
hmmm I stand corrected lol
they look like woolly swiss rolls...
Hmmmmmmm Swiss rolls..... [Linked Image]
I'll have to make one one day - just nee a swiss roll baking tin and some greased paper.
Originally Posted by Snooze
I'll have to make one one day - just nee a swiss roll baking tin and some greased paper.

............and eggs, sugar and flour wink
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

............and eggs, sugar and flour wink

That's a funny way to make snowballs smirk

raftl raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Rare self-rolling giant snow balls found in UK - 12th Jan 2010 9:11pm

Roulade's are better - filled with and covered in chocolate and baileys ganache wink
Originally Posted by Wench

Roulade's are better - filled with and covered in chocolate and baileys ganache wink

And that's an even weirder way to make a snowball !! raftl raftl raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral