Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Setanta goes into administration - 23rd Jun 2009 3:03pm
Setanta goes into administration

The Irish broadcaster Setanta Sports has gone into administration after failing to make a number of payments to sporting organisations.
[Linked Image]
The administrator Deloitte said that it would shortly cease broadcasting to customers in Great Britain but would continue to operate elsewhere.

They said they would immediately stop collecting subscription payments.

Two hundred employees involved with the British operations have been made redundant.

Setanta had a total of 420 employees.

"This is a sad day for all concerned," said Sir Robin Miller, chairman of Setanta.

"Unfortunately, in a difficult and highly competitive market, and despite strenuous efforts by the board and management, it has not been possible to find sufficient additional funds in the time available to ensure its survival."

THE BBC
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Setanta goes into administration - 23rd Jun 2009 3:11pm
ESPN have also bought rights to Setanta's 46 games next season and rights to the 23 games per season they had for 2010 to 2013 seasons
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Setanta goes into administration - 23rd Jun 2009 3:33pm
There service was shite anyway, thankf uck for that. good job im getting sky sports package for this season
Posted By: Beaty59 Re: Setanta goes into administration - 23rd Jun 2009 3:38pm
Originally Posted by Deadmau5
There service was shite anyway, thankf uck for that. good job im getting sky sports package for this season

May not have been the best but I got Setanta, LFC TV and ESPN Europe (used to be NASN) all for £12.99 a month. Now i'll have to pay proberbly £10-15 for ESPN package and £5-6 for LFC TV so gonna cost me a lot more money for less channels
© Wirral-Wikiwirral