Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 10:54am
A man got the shock of his life when he opened a loaf of bread and found a whole mouse inside.

North Antrim Magistrates Court heard how a man purchased a Hyndman's malt loaf from a supermarket in the Ballymoney area before Christmas 2007.

When he unwrapped the loaf he discovered the small lifeless mammal embedded in the base of the bread.

The judge fined the company, D Hyndman and Son Ltd, Maghera, £1,000 plus costs for placing unsafe food on the market.

The managing director of the company was present in court to answer the charge.

A defence lawyer told the court that the presence of the mouse was a shock to the company. He suggested it might have been put in the tin to "sabotage" the baker who has been in business for 60 years and has never had any complaints.

The judge was shown pictures of the mouse in the loaf. The court heard that tins in which the bread is baked were oiled the night before they were filled with dough.

Full article here

Attached picture _45896170_mouse.jpg
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 3:43pm
urrrr thats disgusting.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 4:00pm
Hahaha. I got an eyelid with lashes in a steak n kidney pie once. Bleugh!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 4:11pm
Looks like a rat to me
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 4:17pm
Wotever it is- It. Shudnt. Be. There
Posted By: Griffojack Re: Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 4:28pm
I rather like malt loaves, didnt know I liked mice until now
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Man found dead mouse in malt loaf - 10th Jun 2009 6:54pm
nice

lol at least you get meet with you nice mice loaf lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral