Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Belonging actress is found dead - 19th Apr 2009 8:47pm

Belonging actress is found dead

A young actress who starred in the BBC Wales drama series Belonging has been found hanged, police have confirmed.
[Linked Image]
The body of Stephanie Parker, 22, who played Stacey Weaver in the programme, was found on open ground near Pontypridd early on Saturday morning.

The final episode of the long-running series was broadcast last Thursday.

Parker, who had been with the show since the age of 15, also appeared in Casualty and in Radio 4 dramas. She was described as "immensely talented".

South Wales Police said Parker's body was found by a passer-by at around 0600 BST on Saturday.

Her agent Mark Jermin said: "Our thoughts are with the family and it is really sad. She was a great talent and we are really shocked."

Clare Hudson, BBC Wales' head of English language programmes, said: "Everyone at BBC Wales - especially all those who worked on Belonging - is extremely saddened at the news of Stephanie's tragic death.

"Stephanie was an immensely talented actor who, as Stacey, played a central role role in Belonging since she was 15 as well as appearing in other BBC productions such as Casualty.

"Stephanie also worked with BBC Wales radio drama department on productions for Radio Four.

"Stephanie's talent played a major part in making Belonging the success it was and I'm sure that the programme's fans will be shocked by this untimely news.

"Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this very difficult time."

THE BBC
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Belonging actress is found dead - 19th Apr 2009 8:50pm
How sad frown
She had a nice life, curious how this has been taken?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Belonging actress is found dead - 19th Apr 2009 9:00pm
And what is it with hangings in south Wales?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Belonging actress is found dead - 20th Apr 2009 8:46am
Is this suicide or murder?

When I read "hanged" you think of suicide, but on open ground?

....just seems a tad strange think
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Belonging actress is found dead - 20th Apr 2009 9:40am
I still don't get this trend for hanging yourself in south Wales though no Was it because the show was coming to an end? Did no one notice she might be a little distressed about it?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral