Forums
Posted By: DavidB Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 12:52pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7995783.stm

Supt Alan Caton said: "I want to warn anyone who is considering organising a rave, that they will face prosecution for holding such an event.

"We will also seek to prosecute anyone attending a rave who commits other offences, such as damage.

"I would also like... to appeal for the public's help to tackle this issue. Early information from the public is critical if we are to prevent a rave from taking place."
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 12:57pm
I get the impression he doesnt like Raves think
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 1:02pm
and here was me thinking it was actually an article about banning raves in Afghanistan omg
Posted By: Shambo Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 1:35pm
Dangerous things these raves. Subversive stuff... laugh

From the Criminal Justice & Public Order Act, 1994 :
Sections 63, 64 & 65: Raves

A 'rave' is defined as a gathering of 100+ people, at which amplified music ('wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats') is played which is likely to cause serious distress to the local community, in the open air and at night.

These sections give the police the power to order people to leave the land if they're believed to be preparing to hold a rave ( 2 or more people); waiting for a rave to start (10+); actually attending a rave (10+). Ignoring this direction, or returning to the land within the next week, are both offences, liable to 3 months' imprisonment and/or a £2,500 fine.

Section 65 lets any uniformed constable who believes a person is on their way to a rave within a 5-mile radius to stop them and direct them away from the area - failure to comply can lead to a maximum fine of £1000.

Attached picture father-ted-careful-now.jpg
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 1:37pm
raftl raftl raftl
raftl raftl raftl
raftl raftl raftl
raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 1:44pm
A shining example of the Government and their wonderful ideas! I think initially it was because of the amount of damage that was caused to land in the late 80's/early 90's. I can remember going to one in the aircraft hangers by the motorway heading towards Warrington.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 5:32pm
They were quite common in that period, I remember a load in 1993 my mate's went to (I didn't go though). It was after this they brought the bill in. There were a load of protests.
There was one on Red Rocks a few years ago on The Wirral which was pretty good. Nobody got hurt, nobody was kept awake, etc.
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Life Under The Taliban - 14th Apr 2009 9:49pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
I can remember going to one in the aircraft hangers by the motorway heading towards Warrington.
they've all been burned down now....insurance job i reckon
© Wirral-Wikiwirral