Forums
Posted By: biscansplums TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 9:53pm
Lenny Bennett has passed away. I'm in shock.
Posted By: Wench Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 9:54pm
Must be something in the air. I read today that Farrah Fawcett is at deaths door too. no
Posted By: MissGuided Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 9:56pm
bloody ell
we must have reached a certain age
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 10:37pm
Blackpool comedian and TV star Lennie Bennett has died at the age of 70.
[Linked Image]
The huge star of prime time television in the 1970s and 80s died in Royal Lancaster Infirmary on Wednesday night after a fall at home.

Lennie - whose real name was Mike Berry - first broke into showbiz while working as a reporter for The Gazette.

He partnered Jerry Stevens on BBC's Lennie and Jerry Show before presenting hugely popular quiz shows such as Punchlines, Celebrity Squares and Lucky Ladders.

Lennie, who was divorced and still lived in the resort, was also a big hit on the after dinner speaking circuit and a keen golfer.

Leading the tributes today was Blackpool-based comic Frank Carson who said: "Lennie was an absolutely wonderful fellow and we had lots of laughs together.

"He was a very funny comedian and a very good performer."

Friends from North Shore Golf Club, where Lennie spent a lot of his spare time, said his death had come as a great shock.

blackpool gazette
Posted By: biscansplums Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 10:40pm
cheers jase, I tried to put a link thingy on, but being a bit crap and all that....
Posted By: Wench Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 10:41pm
Was he the guy who had the tight perm and orange face long before Mr Dickinson??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 10:43pm
Originally Posted by biscansplums
cheers jase, I tried to put a link thingy on, but being a bit crap and all that....

no worrys bud. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 10:49pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Was he the guy who had the tight perm and orange face long before Mr Dickinson??

this perm jay think

[Linked Image]

cant find him with a orange face. laugh
Posted By: Wench Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 10:52pm
That's the one - thanks thumbsup
Posted By: MissGuided Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 10th Apr 2009 11:04pm
wasprob sunbed orange not fake bake
Posted By: DavidB Re: TV funnyman Lenny Bennett dead.. - 11th Apr 2009 12:05pm
I remember him!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral