Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 4:31pm
Man follows sat nav to cliff edge

A car was left teetering on a cliff edge after the driver followed sat nav directions down a Pennine footpath.

Robert Jones continued to follow the instructions when they told him the narrow, steep path he was driving on in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, was a road.
[Linked Image]
Mr Jones, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, only stopped when his BMW hit a fence above Gauxholme railway bridge on Sunday morning.

Police have charged Mr Jones with driving without due care and attention.

The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relied on his sat nav for his job.

He described Sunday's incident, during a visit to friends in Todmorden, as "a nightmare".

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Officers received a call at 11.18am on Sunday March 22 reporting that a BMW was hanging off the edge of a cliff off Bacup Road.

"The driver was a 43-year-old man from Doncaster. He has been summonsed to court for driving without due care and attention."

THE BBC
Posted By: Wench Re: Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 5:10pm
I was reading about him yesterday raftl There's been a few like that, including an ambulance I believe. Unbelievable!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 5:14pm
i went to keighley in west yorkshire the other day to pick an arcade machine up and on the way home the tomtom took me down a narrow bumpy path big enough for one car and at the end of it was a stream which was 4 foot deep! mad

I had to reverse all the way back,i couldn`t see out the back window either because the machine was in the way and it was dark. i wasn`t very happy put it that way frown
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 6:04pm
I hate satnav's ever since the Sontarans stuck ATMOS in my car.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 8:33pm
tomtom took us down a very narrow little rd with a caravan hooked up once - nightmare - stupid welsh bloke coming other way said we'd never make it to the end of the rd. we did!!
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 11:24pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
tomtom took us down a very narrow little rd with a caravan hooked up once - nightmare - stupid welsh bloke coming other way said we'd never make it to the end of the rd. we did!!
He was a real toss-er
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Man follows sat nav to cliff edge - 25th Mar 2009 11:26pm
Originally Posted by Riki_Wirral
Originally Posted by MissGuided
He was a real toss-er
Indeed - firstly for being Welsh and second because he seemed so smug and pleased with himself. The silly fooker was telling us we'd have to back up or turn round - which was clearly impossible. *Rage dying down now*
© Wirral-Wikiwirral