Forums
[Linked Image]

He might be 91, but life in the fast lane still has its fascination for Stanley Murphy.

The retired builder's electric mobility scooter ended up on one of the busiest roads in the country after he took a wrong turn on his way home from buying his morning newspaper.

Shocked drivers spotted him trundling along at 3mph while cars and lorries sped past at up to 70mph on the six-lane A27 at Shoreham, West Sussex.

Read full story here...
raftl he`s keeping his mishchievious youth wink
what a fookin nitemare...
I rest my case - they shouldn't be on the road!!!

Meow
Originally Posted by Beemertastic
what a fookin nitemare...

lol, tempting to run them over tbh, if you cant tell the difference between your way home and the motorway then surly your on borrowed time ?
When they buy these things - don't they warn them not to go on roads - considering they aren't taxed or insured...
Then again - they're just as hazardous on pavements...
at least he kept to the slow lane
Aww. Dont b tight. Poor bugger. Lol
Surely you'd recognise a slip road onto a motorway as not being your street or your turn-off...?
Took a wrong turn think

In sure there is plenty of time to plan your route at that speed...
All he needs know is a Booster rocket on the back.. laugh
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Took a wrong turn think

In sure there is plenty of time to plan your route at that speed...

Is this my turn?......Is this my turn?......What's this big slope for?......This isn't the high street......Why's everyone honking me?.........Why's the road got 3 lanes on it now?......Oh well, I'll play safe and stay in the Bus Lane......Did I buy milk?....la-dee-dee....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pensioner On The Motorway On A Mobility Scooter - 28th Feb 2009 12:23am
lol!!! raftl poor sod.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral