Forums
Posted By: SoundLad 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 12:17am
This is just mad.. I mean he dont even look 13 for crying out loud..

Crazy oshocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 12:19am
i have just seen this on the news. fookin nuts. no
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 12:22am
Silly little lads lost his youth no
Posted By: SoundLad Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 12:28am
I know.. When i was his age i looked like that i didnt look 13 at all i looked about 8 i never thought about sex and wot nots all i was intrested in was getting dirty and arsing about being a child that i was supposed to be.. Not think about starting a family its just crazy im speechless..
Posted By: Razzi Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 9:26am
His parents should've known better than to show his picture in the papers, it'll haunt him forever now people know who he is. Guess it all came down to payment & i bet the poor little bugger never sees a penny of it, i cant imagine it being put in the bank for his or his childs future.

I think his parents should be prosecuted it's apalling.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 9:30am
This story really annoyed me, i seen this on Sky News yesterday.
The parents should get fined, and the snotty nosed lad when he said ile be a good dad, he carnt even wipe his own ass properly and he thinks he can look after a baby.

I but the police would of took action if the girl was 13 and the lad was 15.
Posted By: uggla Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 9:38am
this whole story is fooked up.
parents should take some blame also
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 13 year old is a dad - 14th Feb 2009 1:45pm
A boy who became a father aged 13 has provoked a fierce political debate over the high rate of teenage pregnancies in the UK.

The case of baby-faced Alfie Patten - who was aged just 12 when the baby was conceived - exemplified the "complete collapse" of parts of society, it has been claimed.

Conservative leader David Cameron said it showed a worrying trend of "children having children" that had to be stopped, while Children's Secretary Ed Balls said it was "an awful case".

The furore was sparked after Alfie and 15-year-old Chantelle Steadman brought Maisie Roxanne into the world at the Eastbourne District General Hospital, East Sussex.

The UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Western Europe, but figures show the number of conceptions among under-16s fell by 1,000 in 2006 to 7,826, compared to ten years earlier.

Former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith, who runs the Centre for Social Justice think tank, said the birth highlighted another case of "broken Britain" where "anything goes".

He said: "It's not being accusative, it's about pointing out the complete collapse in some parts of society of any sense of what's right and wrong.

"There is no opprobrium any more about behaviour and quite often children witness behaviour that's aggressive, violent, rude and sexual. It's as if no-one is saying this is wrong."

Prime Minister Gordon Brown did not comment directly on the case but said "all of us would want to avoid teenage pregnancies".

Mr Cameron said: "It is really worrying that in our country today you've got children having children.

"Obviously we all hope that these very, very young children will grow up and be good parents, but frankly parenthood isn't something that they should have been thinking about. That's what's gone wrong and we've got to put it right."

Mr Balls said: "It's just an awful case. It's unusual, it's very rare, but you look at that young lad being a dad when he is so young - and also the teenage girl - and you think it's not right, this looks so terrible. It has got to be sorted out.

"I want those kids to be safe and also the young child as well, and I want us to do everything we can as a society to make sure we keep teenage pregnancies coming down."

"I think like most parents, like most people, I saw that photo today and I was appalled. It's just not right."

Eastbourne Tory MP Nigel Waterson said the birth raised "huge" questions about sex education and the sexualisation of British society.

East Sussex County Council said the teenage parents would be supported with intensive monitoring and health visitor support

THE ITN NEWS
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 7:59pm
So why is the girl not being prosecuted for one of the following:-

Sexual assault of a child under 13

Causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity

The girl was over 13 and the lad was under 13 so this is a clear cut case. You cannot use public interest as a defense because this behaviour is against the public interest.

If this behaviour is condoned them it will encourage not discourage other kids. A totally wrong message is being sent out.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 8:08pm
nice point mate?
Posted By: marilyn Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 8:41pm
it made me sad just looking at the boy holding his baby-sad because how at his age how would he know what a small baby needed,burping feeding etc .children having children ,i do think the parents havent done any parenting on this at all
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 8:44pm
another good point!
Posted By: Shambo Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 8:47pm
Schoolboy father: Alfie Patten 'distraught' at claims Maisie not his.
Alfie Patten is "distraught and devastated" by claims that he is not the father of baby Maisie, after two other teenagers claimed they had a relationship with his girlfriend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...distraught-at-claims-Maisie-not-his.html

IMO he doesn't look physically old enough to father a child.
Posted By: Shambo Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 8:50pm
Thirteen-year-old Alfie Patten, who is said to have fathered a baby with Chantelle Steadman, 15, is to take a paternity test which will be paid for by his local authority, it was claimed.

The grandmother of baby Maisie said that social services had agreed to carry out the DNA test on the boy at a reported cost of around £300.

Chantelle has said Alfie is the father of her one-week-old daughter.

The lad, who lives with his mother Nicola in Hailsham, East Sussex, pledged to take a test after two other boys claimed they had also slept with Chantelle.

Chantelle's mother Penny told The Sun: "Social services agreed to do (the test) for the sake of the children.

"The sooner it's done the sooner Chantelle and Alfie can get on with being parents."

East Sussex County Council's director of children's services Matt Dunkley told the paper there were "exceptional circumstances" as the case was given priority.

Alfie was just 12 when baby Maisie was conceived but said after her birth that he would stand by and support Chantelle with the baby.

The child is believed to be living with Chantelle and her parents at their home in Eastbourne.

East Sussex County Council said previously Chantelle, Alfie and Maisie were receiving "a package of support".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...lfie-Patten-to-ftake-paternity-test.html

Posted By: Anonymous Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 9:10pm
Alfie was on sky news the other day. the reporter ask him how he was going to support the baby financially. he look at his mum and said whats financially mean. no. his mum laughed. omg

fookin said no
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 9:17pm
what do you say to that?
Posted By: Wench Re: 13 year old is a dad - 17th Feb 2009 9:26pm
I hear he has joined Fathers4Justice - he has no idea what it's about but thinks the Spiderman cosrumes are ace!!
Posted By: kimpri Re: 13 year old is a dad - 26th Mar 2009 2:26pm
The schoolboy alleged to have become a dad aged 12 is not the baby’s father, the Mirror can reveal.

Alfie Patten, now 13, had a £300 DNA test after half a dozen boys claimed to have slept with schoolgirl pal Chantelle Stedman, 15.

It proved the 4ft-tall pupil was not the father of her seven-week-old girl Maisie Roxanne.

The result will be a blow to Alfie who was “devastated” by the boys’ claims and “adored” Maisie.

He was convinced he was the dad after a single night of unprotected sex with Chantelle.

Before he took the test, he said: “I didn’t know about DNA tests before but mum explained it’s when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells if you’re the dad. So if I have it, they can all shut up.”

His mum Nicole, 43, added at the time: “It had not even crossed Alfie’s mind whether Chantelle had not been faithful to him. He’s absolutely devastated that these lads say they slept with her.”

Chantelle became pregnant aged 14 after she “forgot to take” her contraceptive pill last May.

At the time, she claimed: “Alfie’s the only boy I’ve been with.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

Alfie insisted: “I am the only boyfriend Chantelle’s had and we’ve been together two years. I must be the dad. When she found out she was having a baby, I asked her, ‘Am I the dad?’ and she went, ‘Yeah’, so I believe her.”

Last month it was claimed Alfie had been the victim of a cruel con.

Chantelle told her half-sister Jodie O’Neill, 17, the father could have been one of a number of boys she slept with at her parents’ home in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

She said her mum Penny, 38, ordered her to keep saying she had been a virgin when she slept with Alfie, from Hailsham.

The baby scandal began when Alfie and his dad Dennis, 45, gave an interview to the press days after Maisie was born last month.

A succession of politicians, including Tory leader David Cameron, bemoaned the nation’s declining moral standards.

Mr Cameron said at the time: “I hope somehow they grow up into responsible parents but parenthood is just not something they should be thinking about.”

Dad-of-ten Dennis regularly spoke on his son’s behalf. After Maisie’s birth he said: “He hasn’t a clue what a baby means and can’t explain how he feels. When I spoke to him he started crying.

“He said it was the first time he’d had sex, he didn’t know what he was doing or the complications that could come. I’ll talk to him again and it’ll be the birds and bees talk.”

Posted By: DanLongman Re: 13 year old is a dad - 26th Mar 2009 2:40pm
Lucky escape for the lad! Far too young for that sort of thing anyway.
Posted By: Wench Re: 13 year old is a dad - 26th Mar 2009 3:55pm
Dad-of-ten Dennis regularly spoke on his son’s behalf. After Maisie’s birth he said: “He hasn’t a clue what a baby means and can’t explain how he feels. When I spoke to him he started crying.

“He said it was the first time he’d had sex, he didn’t know what he was doing or the complications that could come. I’ll talk to him again and it’ll be the birds and bees talk.”

Sounds like the Dad should have had the same talk raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 13 year old is a dad - 26th Mar 2009 4:03pm
But he's going to literally give him a talk about birds and bees - birds go tweet and bees sting you if you wave your arms about. Talk over.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: 13 year old is a dad - 26th Mar 2009 5:00pm
She sounds like a girl you'd be happy to have your son being home for tea - NOT!
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: 13 year old is a dad - 26th Mar 2009 10:01pm
what ever next.....gotta blame the parents.
Posted By: DavidB Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 1:49pm
Bit late now Dad.
Posted By: bert1 Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:02pm
Poor little Alfie, i think someones got it in for him sorry
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:11pm
WTF was this girl doing - having an orgy with a group of 13 year olds.....
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:23pm
Is that what it says in the article? *too lazy to read it - plz summarise*
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:28pm
I didnt read everything I dont think, but this quote is the bit that made me ask the question lol

Originally Posted by Kimpri1
Alfie Patten, now 13, had a £300 DNA test after half a dozen boys claimed to have slept with schoolgirl pal Chantelle Stedman, 15.

Im not 100% sure on what numbers of people involved constitute "orgy" raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:29pm
It didn't say 'at the same time'....still, what a slapper!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:31pm
It didnt not say that either raftl

Agreed though - dirty young hussy!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:34pm
dirty all of them!!! when i was 13 i had little idea of such things. i was too busy out on my bike, scrapping with other kids, getting muddy etc
Posted By: bert1 Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:45pm
A 13 year old today is not what a 13 year old was in the 60s that's for sure, seem to be more advanced now.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 2:55pm
i was 13 during the late 80s bert - even then we were pretty naive
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: 13 year old is a dad - 1st Apr 2009 3:35pm
Thats just wrong, anyway the dad of her baby is 13...

I remember growing up being able to say my dads the youngest dad here, but for little maisie, "my dads the youngest no competition."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral