Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Savers facing accounts with no interest - 3rd Jan 2009 2:56pm
Millions of savers are braced for zero per cent accounts within days as the Bank of England is poised to cut interest rates to the lowest level in its 315-year history.

Experts have warned the return on savings could plumb new depths with the Bank expected to take unprecedented steps to regain control over the economy.

They widely believe the Bank will reduce borrowing costs to below their 2 per cent level - and possibly all the way down to 1 per cent - in its first meeting of the year next week.

More than 7 million people have saving accounts which already pay interest of 1 per cent or less. If a cut is passed on in full by banks, these accounts will dive towards negative territory for the first time on record.

---CLICK HEAR---
Posted By: Wheels Re: Savers facing accounts with no interest - 3rd Jan 2009 3:21pm
noooo! i have saved £55 quid so far
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Savers facing accounts with no interest - 3rd Jan 2009 3:40pm
won't bother me
I've got my millions in same Icelandic banks as wirral Borough Council
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Savers facing accounts with no interest - 3rd Jan 2009 8:00pm
Originally Posted by Wheels

more than me mate lol smile
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by Wheels

more than me mate lol smile

raftl
meh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral