Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Hunt for hit-and-run death driver - 27th Dec 2008 6:33pm
A MAN was killed by a hit-and-run driver that left the scene at Parkate Road, on the Wirral Chester border on Saturday evening.

Police are appealing to the public for information after Steven Wilson from Saughall, Chester was left at the scene suffering from serious head injuries and later died in hospital.

The incident occurred at around 5.15pm on Saturday, December 20, near the Wheatsheaf pub and Fiddlers Lane.

Mr Wilson, 51, was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital, but transferred to Walton Hospital due to the severity of his injuries and died on the afternoon of December 22.

Parkgate Road remained closed for several hours to allow for collision investigation and detailed forensic recovery.

Police are urgently trying to trace the driver of the vehicle involved and any further witnesses to the collision Sgt Rachel Gallagher said: “At this time of year, in the season of good will, a driver has hit a man and left him in the road seriously injured.

“Sadly, the gentleman lost his fight for life.

“The driver of the vehicle that was involved in this collision urgently needs to contact me.

“Although not in a position to describe or release any further details we have relating to the the vehicle at present, I am confident that with results from the collision investigators and forensic scientists we will be able to identify the driver of the vehicle involved.

“I particularly would like to hear from anyone with any information, that may lead to the identification of the driver and the vehicle involved in this tragic incident.”

Anyone with information should contact 0845 4580000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Hunt for hit-and-run death driver - 29th Dec 2008 11:59am
That road is pretty dangerous tbh, especially going past the wheatsheaf. Its a village, but hundreds of people fly through regardless of the speed limit.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral