Forums
Posted By: Davey_Martin Blimey - 8th May 2008 9:25pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7389547.stm

Workers accused of theft or damage could soon find themselves blacklisted on a register to be shared among employers. It will be good for profits but campaigners say innocent people could find it impossible to get another job.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Blimey - 8th May 2008 9:30pm
Good, shouldn`t be stealing anyway mad
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Blimey - 8th May 2008 9:39pm
i dont blame workers for stealing, if the fat cat bosses shared the wealth amounst its employers, they wouldn't need to steal

tesco for one making billion pound profits, but still only pay the minimum wage, takes the piss.

in smaller companies were not much monry is being made, no one steals, the boss will usually treat them fair and help with money etc.
Posted By: Mark Re: Blimey - 8th May 2008 10:13pm
Its also one of the easiest ways to remove an employee
just get someone to put something in there bag, while working.

we've all heard of it or even seen it.

I'm of the opinion leave it to the police and a criminal record?
Then your probably Guilty.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Blimey - 8th May 2008 10:22pm
Peeps don`t like the wage, tough! Don`t take the job! What do people expect for stakin shelves or workin on tills anyway?

Theres no need to steal, people should use their heads and make use of their crappy wage, under most circumstances you can treble a crap wage.

On the other hand if the minimum wage was to be increased that would help.

This whole crappy countrys a scam but lets not get into that mad
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Blimey - 8th May 2008 11:10pm
Originally Posted by Totopop
Good, shouldn`t be stealing anyway mad

read it properly... anyone ACCUSED of stealing will be eligible for entry onto the system.... so even if u werent the culprit, or had any involvement in a past situation, it could fook up ur future employment
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Blimey - 8th May 2008 11:39pm
read it properly... anyone ACCUSED of stealing will be eligible for entry onto the system

Ah right, well that will never work anyway.
That will never come into effect.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Blimey - 9th May 2008 4:32pm
EU Privacy and Rights Laws don't allow it.

So I can't see it coming into force; unless it is changed to convictions only, although how many comapanies actually take their employee's suspected of stealing, to court...

This system would be wide open for abuse also!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Blimey - 9th May 2008 6:41pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
EU Privacy and Rights Laws don't allow it.

So I can't see it coming into force; unless it is changed to convictions only, although how many comapanies actually take their employee's suspected of stealing, to court...

This system would be wide open for abuse also!

damn right it would be open to abuse... read some of the comments below... altho further down in the actual article it says it's due to go live in a few weeks??? confused
© Wirral-Wikiwirral