Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Childless Low Paid To Lose Out Yet Again!! - 7th Apr 2008 6:32am
The decision to abolish the lowest income tax band penalises childless low-paid people, MPs have said.

The Treasury Select Committee said the "main losers" could lose out by as much as £232 a year.

Committee chairman John McFall said they were an "unreasonable target" for the tax simplification measure.

Business Secretary John Hutton has said there will be no rethink on the 10p rate, despite unhappiness among some Labour MPs.

Standard income tax has been cut by 2% to 20% and tax credits increased, but the lowest 10p band has been scrapped entirely.

So... yet again, Labour is looking after the fat cat's and parents to the cost of low paid, non parent workers...

WTF is wrong with these gobshites, even many members of their own party are gathering momentum in the form of a petition against it!!

Why should people be rewarded for being rich or having kids, and people who don't have kids and who are already on wages below the national average, get punished!!

How about we start fooking taxing the fat cat millionaires and billionaires, who themselves, for the majority, admit they arnt taxed enough!

LABOUR OUT!!! mad mad

BBC News Report
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Childless Low Paid To Lose Out Yet Again!! - 7th Apr 2008 8:19am
Quote "even many members of their own party are gathering momentum in the form of a petition against it!!"

Hopefully those members, both inside and outside parliament, will have the guts to maintain their momentum against the weasle threats and intimidation that will be brought to bear on them by the party manipulators.

As for the rest of us WE have an opportunity to deliver a first really BIG kick in the posterior - that first opportunity is at the local elections coming soon. The second and more important opportunity will be when Wee Gordie has the courage to call a general election or is forced into having to call one.

My household will feel the negative effects of this tax band change so I know which way I will vote

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral