Forums
Posted By: MattLFC World Markets In Crisis - 16th Aug 2007 5:05pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
The UK's main share index has closed down sharply as concern over the impact of turmoil in the US sub-prime lending market continues to haunt investors.

While US shares were falling still further in early Wall Street trading, London's FTSE 100 ended the day down 4.1% or 250 points at 5,859.

This is the FTSE's biggest one-day percentage fall since March 2003.

The falls came despite the Federal Reserve pumping an extra $17bn (£8.6bn) into the US banking system.

Central banks have been taking such action to try to restore confidence and avoid a credit squeeze.

Over the past week, the Fed has now injected $88bn (£44.3bn), while the European Central Bank has put up 211bn euros ($283.2bn; £142.6bn).

Anyone intending to get a mortgage or a car on finance anytime soon??

raftl

BBC News Report
Posted By: Mark Re: World Markets In Crisis - 16th Aug 2007 5:10pm
I don't have shares but i'm watching it on the news.
There hoping its a blip for a few weeks?

All eyes are on America.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: World Markets In Crisis - 16th Aug 2007 5:16pm
Tbh, its only a matter of time until the markets fall due to people constantly living far beyond their means.

Im starting to save now, I have very little in the way of any form of debt and when the markets do eventually crash, I will be a person who will gain from it.

This might turn out to be a warning of the inevitable, but not only is it that, it should hopefully make banks realise how stupid all this easy credit shit is and people will continue to find it harder to get loans and credit cards and mortgages.

If it goes back to how it was, I would be very surprised. Already, there are many mortgage providers who have simply shut up shop for the time being, because they dont want to risk giving any more mortgages, and even banks can't get loans at the moment.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: World Markets In Crisis - 16th Aug 2007 11:11pm
If America falls, it takes Britain with it.

Extortionate lending has gone on far too long now. It's bound to give way in the end.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 4:00pm
US Treasury warning "there is no quick fix":

Originally Posted by BBC News
US shares have been volatile in Tuesday trading after US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said there was no quick fix to continuing credit squeeze fears.

With investors concerned the crisis in the sub-prime mortgage market will make all loans harder to come by, the Dow Jones index had lurched up and down.

By late morning in New York, the Dow was up 36 points to 13,157.

Mr Paulson's comments came ahead of talks with US Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke over the situation.

Meanwhile, the Nasdaq index was up 13 points to 2,521.

In Europe, London's FTSE 100 finished the day ahead by 7.4 points to 6,086, while Frankfurt's Dax added 17 points to 7,425.

BBC News Report
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 4:27pm
Hmmm, another episode of this perhaps? think ....

HERE
Posted By: MattLFC Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 4:30pm
Aye, its heading that way.

smile
Posted By: fordsteve Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:09pm
we are all doomed lol
Posted By: jonah Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:17pm
Originally Posted by fasterste
we are all doomed lol

..... captain mainwaring raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:17pm
Im not... I have no investments and no real debt lol.

People with huge debts on credit cards, mortgages, cars on finance, loans etc should be worried though hehe.

Im starting to save now, so ill be winner when the economy does eventually crash lol.
Posted By: jonah Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:19pm
yeh u not really got any responsibilities have u ...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:25pm
Lol no, but I also have it drilled into me about being careful with money by my accountant, especially in the last two years or so.

I could have got loans on the back of my business, I could have taken out loans for my business, but I chose not to, I invested and risked my own money. I live within what I can afford so I dont have to get things on finance.

The one thing I will get into debt for is of course a house, but I am awaiting the market to crash first, because then I am going to be a vulcher and buy a house when they are realistically priced rather then the way way way over-inflated prices they are at nowadays.

Its good business sense I think.

smile
Posted By: fordsteve Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:28pm
Originally Posted by jonah
Originally Posted by fasterste
we are all doomed lol

..... captain mainwaring raftl

lol you funny sod raftl
Posted By: jonah Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:29pm
why thank u master squires ! happy
Posted By: fordsteve Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 6:30pm
not a problem mrs jones lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 11:21pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
The one thing I will get into debt for is of course a house, but I am awaiting the market to crash first, because then I am going to be a vulcher and buy a house when they are realistically priced rather than the way way way over-inflated prices they are at nowadays.

smile

Attached picture order2.jpg
Attached picture court.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: World Markets In Crisis - 21st Aug 2007 11:58pm
Originally Posted by Totopop
Originally Posted by MattLFC
The one thing I will get into debt for is of course a house, but I am awaiting the market to crash first, because then I am going to be a vulcher and buy a house when they are realistically priced rather than the way way way over-inflated prices they are at nowadays.

smile

ORDER IN THE COURT!!!!!

Posted By: MattLFC Re: World Markets In Crisis - 23rd Aug 2007 3:19pm
Lmao Toto grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral