Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Alcohol Warning To Come In Next Year - 28th May 2007 3:06pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Alcoholic drinks will carry new health warning labels by the end of 2008 under a voluntary agreement between ministers and the drinks industry.

The labels will detail alcoholic units and recommended safe drinking levels.

Bottles and cans currently have alcohol percentages, but only some state what this equals in alcoholic units.

Public health minister Caroline Flint says exactly what the labels will say is not decided, but the warnings will not be as strong as for cigarettes.

The measure was first proposed three years ago, but both sides have struggled to agree on a format.

Its a good idea imho, but I hope it also contains some "guidance" on the drink driving levels of consumption, even though I believe drink driving at any limit should be made illegal.

BBC News Report

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Alcohol Warning To Come In Next Year - 28th May 2007 3:10pm
Good move.

The current labels are crap - without looking it up, most (if not all) people don't know how many units put them over the drink drive limit.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Alcohol Warning To Come In Next Year - 28th May 2007 6:14pm
great idea anything that helps has got to be good
Posted By: jonah Re: Alcohol Warning To Come In Next Year - 28th May 2007 7:02pm
seems like a good idea, but like u say matty, not gonna stop nuggets getting behind the wheel after they have reached wot they think is 'their' limit.. then when they injure or kill someone, the excuse will be, 'well i only drank upto wot the bottle said i could'
© Wirral-Wikiwirral