Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Antony Gormley's Latest Works - 15th May 2007 6:47pm
Antony Gormley, the sculptor who's best works include "The angel of the north" in Gateshead and "Another place" on Crosby Beach.

He has recently reveiled two more of his latest works.

The first being 31 life-sized figures all over London vantage points and the other being a glass box filled of...well, fog.

Personally, I'm not a fan of modern art and I find his life-sized sculptures perculiar to say the least. Although I do think his angel of the north work is quite good from a landmark perspective.

His new fog in a box work (a giant glass chamber filled with fog, at London's Hayward Gallery) though has made me re-think my approach on modern art.

After watching a program on the BBC about his art, you really get an insight to his works, how he thinks and what inspires him.

So now, I believe these unusual sculptures cast of his body aren't that wierd after all. And ontop of that, I think his 'fog in a box' is definately a work of art.

Watch the short BBC News video about his works.

What do you think? Modern art? or a pile of crap?

Attached picture 715-wikiwirral-_42925913_horizon2.jpg.jpg
Attached picture 716-wikiwirral-_42925901_blind5_getty.jpg
Attached picture 717-wikiwirral-_42925885_angel_pa.jpg
Attached picture 718-wikiwirral-_42925903_crosby1_getty.jpg
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Antony Gormley's Latest Works - 16th May 2007 6:56am
art is the expression of crap. my shits in the morning could be called modern art. who decides whether it is art or not? imo its just bollocks.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Antony Gormley's Latest Works - 16th May 2007 12:01pm
seeing a lone outline of a person on to sea would freak me out.

im 50/50 on it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral