Forums
Posted By: MattLFC French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 3rd Apr 2007 12:06pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
A French high-speed train (TGV) has smashed the world record for a train on rails by a big margin, reaching 574.8km/h (356mph).

The previous TGV record was 515km/h (320mph), set in 1990.

The record attempt by a modified TGV took place on a track between Paris and the eastern city of Strasbourg.

The absolute train speed record was set by a Japanese magnetic levitation train - Maglev - in 2003. It reached 581km/h (361mph).

These figures must be what Branson and co can only dream of haha! Quite some speed for a train on wheels (can the Maglev really be classed as a train, I think its more a tram, with a train shell lol).

Bloody French making us look stoopid again lmao!

smile

BBC News Report
Posted By: fordsteve Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 3rd Apr 2007 6:50pm
bloody hell that takes some doing if you think how heavy a train is lol
Posted By: jonah Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 3rd Apr 2007 9:21pm
was only goin that fast to stop any immigrants gettin on....
Posted By: krisGTi Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 3rd Apr 2007 9:24pm
lmao
Posted By: Wheels Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 3rd Apr 2007 10:46pm
Originally Posted by jonah
was only goin that fast to stop any immigrants gettin on....

smack raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 4th Apr 2007 10:22pm
i found the video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8skXT5NQzCg

looks best about the 3min mark with the still cameras.

[youtube]8skXT5NQzCg[/youtube]
Posted By: Mark Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 5th Apr 2007 2:09pm
I seen this on the news, with the clip you posted
when it goes under the bridge...

One word Fook ...........

Tea at 350mph lol

We will never get to those speeds with our railways. frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 5th Apr 2007 2:19pm
The speed it goes under the bridge is absolutely phenominal!

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: French Train Breaks Its Own Speed Record - 5th Apr 2007 4:45pm
Originally Posted by Mark
I seen this on the news, with the clip you posted
when it goes under the bridge...

One word Fook ...........

Tea at 350mph lol

We will never get to those speeds with our railways. frown

only cos we've got the wrong type of bridges to do those speeds under,according to a network rail spokesperson.... lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral