Forums
Posted By: Greenwood 'Help' on Channel 4, 16th Sept. - 17th Sep 2021 8:20am
Did anyone watch it? Heart-breaking subject matter, great performances and Wirral locations; they were based at Church Farm, Thurstaston, early in the year apparently. Not sure where else they filmed, but it was good to see Wirral onscreen. Whoever in government decided it was alright to ship infected people back into care homes without adequate PPE should be made to watch it - repeatedly.
Posted By: cools Re: 'Help' on Channel 4, 16th Sept. - 17th Sep 2021 8:55am
Yes I watched this, it was very powerful and upsetting..A bad judgement to make in panicky times..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: 'Help' on Channel 4, 16th Sept. - 18th Sep 2021 3:14pm
Originally Posted by cools
Yes I watched this, it was very powerful and upsetting..A bad judgement to make in panicky times..

An intentional and knowingly wrong decision.

They could have tested everybody discharged from hospital going into vulnerable places, to enable them to pull this murderous stunt off they didn't even test people with symptoms

It was not even a case of "putting other lives at risk", it was done knowing it would kill people, that is murder just as if you had put arsenic into the water mains.

What is the point of prosecuting murderers for killing one or two people when others get away with mass murder? Either the law is applied or it isn't and recent Governments appear to pick and choose to suite themselves. The judicial system is supposed to be above the Government.

Currently the Government are boasting that it will only react after the event and not before hence escalating the amount, effects and damage of Covid and increasing the possibility of more mutations. It is not just the old, vulnerable or non-vaccinated that are at risk any longer. The vaccine is only one element of damage limitation, others need to be in place early.

Covid is not going away, Northern Ireland is inundated at the moment, our turn again soon.

What a disastrous time, disease, power shortages, transport shortages, food shortages, poverty, labour shortages, inflation, foreign relations deteriorating and a totally inept Government running the show.

Oh well, as long as at least one of Boris's grandiose monuments gets built, does it matter?
Posted By: granny Re: 'Help' on Channel 4, 16th Sept. - 19th Sep 2021 6:09pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

What a disastrous time, disease, power shortages, transport shortages, food shortages, poverty, labour shortages, inflation, foreign relations deteriorating and a totally inept Government running the show.

Oh well, as long as at least one of Boris's grandiose monuments gets built, does it matter?

On this part of your post alone, tbh, I couldn't care less. We've had so much more than many others on this planet, but we were never , never satisfied. Europe and other parts of the world are all suffering from much the same. Nearly 30 million refugees in the world, and 2.37 billion people undernourished in this world. So , I think we've done pretty well.
Our ancestors survived 2 world wars, and built back better, maybe this is just a temporary halt to our idea of progress, which needed to be put into perspective anyway, and no doubt all the trappings of the 21st century will return, but maybe not on credit cards.
If anyone wants to make a difference for the ordinary person, it might come in the form of levelling off of private rentals. I'd prefer that, to a nation of government owned houses, like the have in the old communist block , of Poland,and so many more, but why don;t councils approve planning permission for affordable homes only, it might also help a bad situation ? Everyone needs a roof.
Houses on Cadbury's factory site at Moreton being built.... some selling for over half a million pounds... what's affordable about those ?
I also wonder how many Afghan refugees Wirral will take . Not enough affordable homes for our own but when government have offered £20,000 per head to each council that is willing to open their doors to Afghan refugees, I just wonder .
Refugees need a roof too, but new-builds at extortionate prices does not help anyone. Council that seems to forget policies that are chanted often, ... when it suits.

OK so I;m off topic, but so were you DD, Just thought I'd add to it.
Posted By: casper Re: 'Help' on Channel 4, 16th Sept. - 20th Sep 2021 8:20am
So what if a few old people die, says it all I think, fits in with later comments ' let the bodies pile high' intentional decision, oh yes.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral