Forums
Posted By: lincle road block - 5th Mar 2021 2:33pm
Has anyone else read about the lunatic who took it upon himself to use his car as a road block on the road leading to the overspill carpark off Leasowe Road to the beach. I hope he gets prosecuted as he blocked the only route available for the emergency services (surely an offence) ,wheelchair users ,people with prams & the elderly & infirm. There are steps at the other entrance by the Green Hut & I totally agree that too many people converge down there at the weekend but didnt this idiot think before taking the law into his own hands.
Posted By: casper Re: road block - 5th Mar 2021 2:55pm
Yes I saw it on a social media site, thoughtless, perhaps we should have had a police presence around that area and New Brighton for that short spell of sunshine, I believe it was havoc in NB no doubt with many visiting from outside the area, many were fined over in Formby yet nothing here, according to the Echo covid rates have shot up in NB, but then that's the Echo so a pinch of salt.
Posted By: Salmon Re: road block - 5th Mar 2021 4:38pm
I saw the pictures on facebook and I thought surely the car had been stolen and left there. Surely nobody would leve their own car in such a stupid place with the obvious high cnance of it getting towed away and a hefty fine. Then again there are some strange people out there. This was a badly written note, not even a printed one. Whoever it was I really do hope they get their just deserts.
Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: road block - 5th Mar 2021 10:27pm
I wouldn't be surpised if had been dumped. The North Wirral Coast is just slightly out of reach of the law for some things, and has been for some time. While it was a safe haven from Bobbies looking to grip underage drinkers, it meant that I once felt obliged to princess carry a girl who was still puking up over herself after taking a dare to neck a three litre bottle of Diamond White, lest she became a casualty. More recently, I saw an abandoned car gently smouldering away near Leasowe Castle on a 3am bike ride with my Bruvver to Red Rocks. We stopped and stared for a while to consider the conflict between our fascination of the dying embers in their particular context, and the blatant fooking disregard for people's stuff.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: road block - 6th Mar 2021 10:37am
It was in yesterdays Echo.
Apparently it was put there by the owner.
The police said, "The car was removed at just after 9am and the owner was traced to his home address, spoken to and given advice."
No mention of a fine or anything else.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: road block - 6th Mar 2021 11:12am
Somebody in the comments section of the Echo article has found the car on Google Street View.
It is in the flats car park opposite.
Posted By: Salmon Re: road block - 6th Mar 2021 12:04pm
The owner should have faced a hefty fine for blocking access for cars and emergency vehicles. I wonder how many were inconvenienced by their selfishness?
Posted By: lincle Re: road block - 6th Mar 2021 1:16pm
The owner only got a slap on the wrist & the police removed the car.Maybe the owner lives in the apartments at Estuary Point if not maybe he will get a hefty fine from the company who control parking there its strictly permit only
Posted By: Gibbo Re: road block - 9th Mar 2021 12:42pm
Smash Window (preferably all of them for convenience), handbrake off, push into ditch.
Posted By: lincle Re: road block - 9th Mar 2021 9:15pm
Gibbo you vandal 😀😀😀
© Wirral-Wikiwirral