Forums
Posted By: Excoriator The good and the bad! - 26th Dec 2020 10:48am
Christmas day saw us using electricity enthusiastically in the morning, as Octopus energy had given those of us with smart meters four hours of free electricity!

Our pleasure in this kind gift, however, was somewhat tempered an hour or two later as during out Christmas dinner out went all the lights. Along with about fifty emeil addresses in new ferry we had no power! In our case it caused little inconvenience and the festivities continues by candlelight!

To be fair to Scottish Power who maintain the local network, they restored power quite quickly after an hour or two and a few false starts and we received a phone call apologising for the inconvenience. I have no idea what caused it, and I doubt I'll find out.

In retrospect, we agreed that the absence of power and the candlelight actually enhanced the occasion, as we sat around the table chatting and telling stories rather than watching telly or pursuing any other electricity-aided form of entertainment.

Hopefully everyone else affected found it not too inconvenient and enjoyed Christmas day.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The good and the bad! - 26th Dec 2020 3:16pm
Small powercut in the early hours of this morning around Saughull Massie area as well
© Wirral-Wikiwirral