Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Liverpool Airport - 22nd Nov 2020 5:42pm
Will it survive the coronavirus epidemic?

With half a dozen flights a day at the moment and I suspect years before traffic recovers, if it ever does, one wonders if there is enough business in the Northwest to support it given that Manchester Airport is only a stone's throw away.

Personally, I'd be very happy indeed for the noise, traffic and pollution to be moved to Manchester. Seems a good site for a combined wind and solar farm.

Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: Liverpool Airport - 22nd Nov 2020 8:11pm
We'll need those Airbus Belugas continuing to bring food and PPE in, especially after January 2021. As long as this is all acceptable to you, of course.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liverpool Airport - 22nd Nov 2020 9:42pm
Another part of Peel's coastal megopoly in our area.

I'm pretty sure it will survive provided Peel don't think sticking buildings on the land would be more profitable. It is about to be upgraded to transatlantic capability which puts it in a completely different scale. Bigger planes will be parting your hair soon @Ex
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Liverpool Airport - 23rd Nov 2020 10:10am
Liverpool is very convenient and no hassle. There is too much hustle and bustle at Manchester.
Now, I only book holidays that fly from Liverpool.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Liverpool Airport - 23rd Nov 2020 10:21am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I'm pretty sure it will survive provided Peel don't think sticking buildings on the land would be more profitable.

Yep, just what they did with Sheffield Airport.

Bought it for £1, closed the airport and made a killing turning it into a business park.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Liverpool Airport - 23rd Nov 2020 12:59pm
Given the covid effect I can't see it going transatlantic for quite a long while!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral