Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Painted frontages of new Ferry Shops. - 23rd Jul 2020 10:29pm
Are these an improvement? I'm not convinced

I was rather surprised to find the white Georgian frontage of edges displaying the head of a large cow of some description.

Whatever next?
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Painted frontages of new Ferry Shops. - 24th Jul 2020 8:17am
I knew nothing about this and had to look it up. There's an informative article on the Globe website (below). New Brighton seems to have benefitted from the artwork springing up around the place; New Ferry has suffered a lot and still needs more substantial help than artwork, but if it brightens the place up for the locals maybe it will help to lift spirits a bit.

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/18542337.dancing-colours-murals-aim-transform-new-ferry/
Posted By: cools Re: Painted frontages of new Ferry Shops. - 24th Jul 2020 11:42am
I like it espcially as before they started to spruce up New ferry it was so rundown and drab looking. Gives it a trendy bohemian look...

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Painted frontages of new Ferry Shops. - 25th Jul 2020 7:10am
"While he thought businesses in New Chester Road were doing ok"

Errrm, just how many derelict and empty shops are there? He clearly hasn't looked for a long time. Shop windows have been getting smashed recently as well.
Posted By: cools Re: Painted frontages of new Ferry Shops. - 28th Jul 2020 1:23pm
New ferry today, as I say I like the paintings , very arty and cool.

Attached picture IMG_1169.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral