Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Possible delays to bin collections - 29th Jun 2020 12:55pm
Due to the fire at Bidston tip yesterday it may cause problems with bin collections. Hope the damage isn't too severe because this will cause major problems.

Originally Posted by Wirral Globe
Wirral Council has warned residents that there may be delays to bin collections following a fire at Bidston Recycling Centre yesterday.

A message on the authority's facebook page advises that general waste, recycling and garden waste collections are all subject to delays as well as the ERIC bulky item collection service.

A spokesperson said: "Please bear with us, teams are working hard to carry on with collections. Leave your bin out by 7am on it’s usual day until it is collected.

"We appreciate your patience and we will update with more information soon."

Bidston tip currently remains closed following the incident.

Clicky

Yesterdays report on the fire
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 29th Jun 2020 3:25pm
Thanks for the heads-up, mikeeb - it's my green bin day tomorrow. Just my luck!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 29th Jun 2020 11:10pm
The Council haven't bothered to put this on either of their websites https://wirral.gov.uk nor https://wirralview.com so far.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 30th Jun 2020 8:23am
They're setting themselves up for a lot of complaints then - or perhaps the problem has been solved and they aren't bothering to mention it. My bin's out anyway - we shall see!

Edit: from the Council's facebook page an hour ago - 'Bidston tip remains closed today due to a fire that took place over the weekend. Please do not visit the site. If you are planning a visit to West Kirby or Clatterbridge tips today, please be aware that there may be queues.'
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 30th Jun 2020 11:36am
I am surprised they dont put this info on their official website. I don't use Facebook and only found this because Wirral Globe got their info off that site.
Anyway, there was an update last night on their Facebook site.
Originally Posted by Wirral Council
Unfortunately, bin collection crews were unable to collect all green bins today (Monday 29 June) due to the fire at Bidston tip over the weekend.
If your street was missed today, please have it out at its usual collection place by 7am tomorrow morning (Tuesday 30 June).

So it looks like you will be ok today Greenwood. wink
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 30th Jun 2020 12:36pm
Yup - green bin has just this minute been emptied. A little later than usual so they must still be catching up a bit. Excellent!
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 30th Jun 2020 3:30pm
That's good news. smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Possible delays to bin collections - 2nd Jul 2020 1:26am
Originally Posted by Greenwood
Edit: from the Council's facebook page an hour ago - 'Bidston tip remains closed today due to a fire that took place over the weekend. Please do not visit the site. If you are planning a visit to West Kirby or Clatterbridge tips today, please be aware that there may be queues.'

Well someone in the council has still got a sense of humour anyway
© Wirral-Wikiwirral