Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 27th Apr 2020 8:30pm
NWRA are opening up the recycling centres from the 4th May.

Loads of rules being put in place including:-

• Cars only
  • One person per car
  • Limited amount of cars at once
  • Social distancing rules apply

https://www.merseysidewda.gov.uk/2020/04/coronavirus-update-monday-30th-march-2020/

If you want to use it that day or indeed for most of the week after, you will probably have to camp outside overnight. They should never have closed in the first place.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 27th Apr 2020 10:22pm
I bet they'll be snowed under with people bringing garden waste, since the brown bin collection was suspended - and other stuff from 'lockdown clear-outs'. I'm glad I don't need to go there; it'll be hectic! If queueing backs onto the road it could cause problems.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 28th Apr 2020 11:09am
The guidelines stated COULD have been in place all the blooming time , common sense really …
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 28th Apr 2020 1:57pm
Can't I dump other rubbish? I don't want to dump even one car, let alone a limited number of them!
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 28th Apr 2020 2:20pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Can't I dump other rubbish? I don't want to dump even one car, let alone a limited number of them!

erm...think you read that wrong.
Posted By: Fidelio Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 28th Apr 2020 3:00pm

Very droll Ex.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 28th Apr 2020 4:43pm

I'll give you that one happy
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 28th Apr 2020 8:08pm
With a lot of people in lockdown and having a clear out the tips would have been heaving anyway even if they had stayed open. I can understand suspending brown bins due to staff shortages . Will be a risk loading the car and going tip only to find out long queues. Quiet times use to be weekdays early morning and last hour. Think i will hang on to my stuff a bit longer to see how it goes. Either that or 7am and kip in car.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 29th Apr 2020 12:35pm
Clatterbridge Recycling Centre will be closed on Wednesday 6th May.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 9:31am
In the queue at Clatterbridge now at the back. Guy just said it could be a 4 hour wait. The queue is going round the gritters yard first.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 11:04am
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002
In the queue at Clatterbridge now at the back. Guy just said it could be a 4 hour wait. The queue is going round the gritters yard first.

4 hrs is a bit excessive, and how far will they let the queue go before the police turn them away for blocking the roads?
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 11:40am
Originally Posted by mikeeb
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002

4 hrs is a bit excessive, and how far will they let the queue go before the police turn them away for blocking the roads?

Well, 2 hours in and I'm still in the gritters yard loop.

They have put cones all the way back to the motorway (you can't turn right if you are coming southbound on mount road) and marked the lanes with temporary yellow signs, left lane for recycling centre only. That kind of thing.

When I joined the queue I was just off the main road. Now the queue starts inside the gritters yard. Anyone coming now would probably only have to wait 1 or 2 hours. Still a lot though.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 11:48am
This could have been avoided if they didn't close them in the first place
Check out some of the queues here
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-updates-tips-re-open-18193888
I think I will leave it for a few days
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 11:54am
Not surprised really, I would have said there was around 100 cars here when I joined.

Not sure why they closed them really, it's not as if anyone is being particularly social while at the tip.

I'm just glad I didn't have a drink before I left laugh
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 12:47pm
They are only letting 3 cars in at a time, with no plans to change that. With that in mind I don't think there will be much of a time where there won't be horrendous queues.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 1:28pm
Are you still queuing rhoo?
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 2:10pm
I have just been down Bidston tip and there was no queue
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 4th May 2020 4:10pm
4 and a half hours from arriving to leaving.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 24th May 2020 9:39am
I got there 8.50am this morning (Sunday) and had to queue for an hour. Vast majority of people were bringing garden waste. There was a long queue waiting when I left. It was worth it though; I'm not tripping over bags of stuff at home any more!
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Rubbish Tips opening 4th May - 26th May 2020 11:19am
Have a load of plastic that needs recycling. Everytime I go there's a (alleged) two - three hour queue. Why did they close these places in the first place, some of the measures are not based on sane, rational thought.
Everything ended up in the bin, 'life is too short'
© Wirral-Wikiwirral