Forums
Posted By: Excoriator How not to sell cars! - 2nd Jan 2020 4:48pm
My wife is looking for a newish car and we wandered into a well-known car showroom in New Brighton to see what they had on offer.

Unfortunately, the available cars were outside and speech proved very difficult as an array of loudspeakers was used to fill the area with cheap pop music and inconsequential DJ babble from the local radio bonehead. It was absolutely deafening, and how the neighbours could tolerate this din was hard to believe.

We left, without looking at any of the cars to the bafflement of the young salesman who obviously enjoyed the noise. At one time I might have told him why we left, but I have given up trying to convince such people that everyone doesn't want to shout over the continuous shrieking and bawling.
Posted By: locomotive Re: How not to sell cars! - 2nd Jan 2020 7:05pm
I think I know the Garage you mean, I went there to buy a car, the salesman said "what do you want Mate", I'm not his mate so I went somewhere else.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: How not to sell cars! - 2nd Jan 2020 8:22pm
You should see how they treat the new cars when they arrive.
Posted By: Dilly Re: How not to sell cars! - 2nd Jan 2020 9:29pm
Good old Ballacre, never heard a good word said about them.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: How not to sell cars! - 3rd Jan 2020 10:21am
I didn't specify the garage, but I didn't know it was called 'Ballacre' In fairness to them. I have a Picanto and have found their service of it to be very good.

I just like to be able to be able to communicate without having to shout over the howling and wailing from loudspeakers.
Posted By: Dilly Re: How not to sell cars! - 3rd Jan 2020 10:27am
as they are the only dealership in New brighton it was obvious to most where you had been.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: How not to sell cars! - 3rd Jan 2020 3:40pm
You may think that. I couldn't possibly comment!
Posted By: europa1 Re: How not to sell cars! - 4th Jan 2020 4:29am
My headmaster always bought his new Rover there when it was Armstrongs in the days before everyone in the Wirral started taking drugs and life was more refined. The showroom was very posh then. He would select several boys for a little spin. I remember the smell of walnut and his cigar smoke and the sun- seared leather seats burning my bum.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: How not to sell cars! - 9th Jan 2020 11:25am
He'd be arrested for that now.
Posted By: europa1 Re: How not to sell cars! - 10th Jan 2020 6:48am
I believe he was some years later, or at least became a person of interest.
Posted By: red_devil Re: How not to sell cars! - 27th Jan 2020 9:24pm
its all a question of knowledge and local trust. I do not buy new; waste of time; let someone else find the faults. I insist on full MoT before buying, have always bought 2nd hand, Apart from Citroen, never had a problem. Its a buyers market never forget that. I have had a 56 Fiesta for 4 years, its brilliant.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral