Forums
Posted By: cools New Brighton Adventure Land - 25th Sep 2019 9:34pm
Sad to see that New Brighton’s Adventure Land / Hotspot looks like it will be going and Getting replaced with hotel and flats although I understand why. So many memories of that place , as a child with mum and dad having fun there and then as a teenager going with my friends usually to be found on the waltzers asking the dishy lads to push us faster..Now I’m quite often there with my grandkids who enjoy it. A shame but guess that’s progress..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: New Brighton Adventure Land - 26th Sep 2019 12:52am
How this isn't a listed building is beyond me, it is the main "Seaside" building left in the "Seaside" resort of New Brighton.

Building all those shops on the seafront always irked me, they should have been built on the tower grounds.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: New Brighton Adventure Land - 28th Sep 2019 4:27pm
Even if it does go as a fairground, I hope they will work out a way to keep the facade as a stylish Art Deco nod to New Brighton's glory days as a tourist resort. I was so sad when we lost New Brighton Pool; that was a huge landmark and part of my past. As for the Adventureland building, modern on the inside is more efficient but old on the outside adds special 'seaside' character.
Posted By: lincle Re: New Brighton Adventure Land - 1st Oct 2019 3:25pm
Theres a petition to preserve the building on Change.Org
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: New Brighton Adventure Land - 1st Oct 2019 7:24pm
Originally Posted by lincle
Theres a petition to preserve the building on Change.Org

https://www.change.org/p/secretary-...-preserve-historic-new-brighton-building
Posted By: lincle Re: New Brighton Adventure Land - 2nd Oct 2019 2:52pm
Thanks Digging.Dont know if its my iPad or the site but it doesnt stay on screen long enough to sign
© Wirral-Wikiwirral