Forums
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 30th Aug 2019 1:49pm
I live here ... ooh the gossip I tell you what lol ..... beautiful ...but the lady at 22 ...tut tut

Attached picture 20190830_113548[1].jpg
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 30th Aug 2019 2:23pm
.. True story , a lady tried to sabotage the regeneration of New Brighton ... by defacing the said artwork (in progress) during the small hours of this morning .. shocked when I awoke to this shocking news!!

Attached picture EDIyhTYX4AAaF9K.jpg
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 30th Aug 2019 5:09pm
regeneration This is the artwork that was vandalized this morning along with several businesses & property , The MickeyMouse grafitti by the roundabout wasn't vandalized , definetly reckon there'll be more crashes there though tbh!
Posted By: granny Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 30th Aug 2019 7:52pm

Personally, I hate this stuff painted all over the walls. Horrible !
Posted By: j_demo Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 31st Aug 2019 11:16am
I love it. Wish it'd been done earlier.
Posted By: lincle Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 31st Aug 2019 12:28pm
Is that stuff for real or a joke. Personally I think it gives a bad impression of the people of New Brighton. There's Mickey flat out after apparently sniffing a substance from an aerosol ! Go on kids give it a go. I think not. 😡
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 31st Aug 2019 12:38pm
I presume it is connected to https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/17871109.large-beatles-mural-unveiled-new-brighton/ and the current Wirral Borough of Culture programme https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/...tious-plans-for-borough-of-culture-2019/
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 31st Aug 2019 5:33pm
The Micky mouse one is aimed at Wetherspoons (taking the micky) who own the building but have yet done anything with. You would think they would at least spruce up the outside until they decide what they are doing.
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 31st Aug 2019 10:54pm
All I know about the Mickey Mouse one ... is that the artist that created it goes by the name of TomBlackford @TomBlackfordArt ..... and art is subjective ,don't know much more about it other than I saw it , took a piccy .. says more about the critic sometimes.. in my opinion ... the people are putting in lovely effort to make the place feel better ,thereby creating long lovely lasting memories of New Brighton .. or something
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 1st Sep 2019 4:05pm
I know someone who is housebound and has had the view from her window very much brightened up by some wall painting of sea views, so it's not all bad.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 2nd Sep 2019 9:11am
Very unique and sure to be a tourist attracter, well done.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 3rd Sep 2019 10:18pm
Originally Posted by lincle
Is that stuff for real or a joke. Personally I think it gives a bad impression of the people of New Brighton. There's Mickey flat out after apparently sniffing a substance from an aerosol ! Go on kids give it a go. I think not. 😡

I think you're reading far too much into it.

It's more of a slant at wetherspoons not doing anything with the building and leaving it abandoned for years rather than a comment about giving aerosol sniffing a go.
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 5th Sep 2019 6:31am
It was supposed to be one of their " hotels " but as robert kyuoshi says " the rich buy land / real estate / assets " etc.
Even if it sits there , itll still sell in time if they want.
Costa macs wether spoons may sell coffee burgers & beer but behind it is the real business of buying up land & assets.
For business, you dont pay tax on buying up areas unlike most people who make " earned income " and get taxed.
When the recession comes , and maybe banks do what they did to cyprus pensioners in 2010/ 12 ( and got away with it ) only people with assets will survive and not people with " money in the bank " .
Every bank has run tests on doin this to the public , trust me.
Earned income = most people
Capital gains = buy assets sell for profit
And the best = passive income . Such as rent / real estate / assets to borrow on.
People who are employees and self employed pay the most tax in society.
Investors dont pay any.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 13th Sep 2019 11:32am
Disney have sent a boat to fetch him home.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 14th Sep 2019 8:34am
I don't know if anyone noticed, but the can o spray paint has painted the word "Wetheredspoons" above. A rather clever pun!
Posted By: Tatey Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 14th Sep 2019 8:35am
I don't know if anyone noticed, but the can o spray paint has painted the word "Wetheredspoons" above. A rather clever pun!
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 20th Sep 2019 2:30pm
mickey gone
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 20th Sep 2019 2:39pm
So the Mickey Mouse graffiti has now been covered in white liquid alledgedly paint this very day (ooer) .... but in other news ..... as a resident in the heart of Victoria Quarter in NewBrighton ..... there are presently 4 more murals being created ; on buildings as I type these very words!! the woman that defaced the Tony booth artwork and buildings earlier in the month ; the day before it's unveiling was sectioned (according to folklore) maybe check out " DanielDaviesRPL " on twitter for up to the day action on the regeneration of this part of Wkd Wirral !!! have a frightfully grroovy day !! might take some photos and do a weirdo slideshow video ... whatever
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 20th Sep 2019 2:43pm
Twitter
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 20th Sep 2019 8:25pm
https://twitter.com/danieldaviesrpl?lang=en
Posted By: Davenorman Re: Mickey mouse NewBrighton - 30th Sep 2019 1:58pm
Absolutely love the protest (my niece told me theyv'e done it to push Wetherspoon's to use the building?) but find the people who have done it to be complete hypocrites! If it's the people who I believe it is then - they've bought Talula's and had it unoccupied for how long? They've bought Budgen's and had it unoccupied for how long? They've bought the bank and had it unoccupied for how long? Really not the ones to be berating Wetherspoon's.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral