Forums
Posted By: lincle heat - 23rd Jul 2019 10:18am
Hate to have to keep repeating myself but theres still some idiots out there who havent got the message ........DONT LEAVE DOGS IN HOT CARS !! This also applies to CHILDREN or the ELDERLY.
Posted By: Fidelio Re: heat - 23rd Jul 2019 1:22pm
Well said lincle, but overheating does not only occur in stationary cars. For example, we will be driving up the M6 to Keswick in the next day or two with our dog in the back of our estate car, so potentially she could have the sun shining on her for two or three hours. To try to mitigate this we will have sun shades on the back and side windows and also have the A/C on the entire time, we will also stop regularly to check on her and give her water. Hopefully she will be fine. While I’m on my soapbox,during this hot weather please try to walk your dog early morning or evening to avoid the worst of the heat and please be aware of how hot pavements can become, if you are physically able, place your hand on the pavement, if it’s too hot to hold there then it’s too hot for your dog”s paws.
Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: heat - 23rd Jul 2019 5:34pm
Don't leave me in your car either or I'll wipe all your satnav routes out of sheer boredom.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: heat - 23rd Jul 2019 6:18pm
Satnavs with lithium batteries are dangerous in hot weather, the batteries have a tendency to explode and/or go on fire. Try and keep them out the sun when not in use.
Posted By: lincle Re: heat - 23rd Jul 2019 7:32pm
Well said Fidelio,hope your journey goes well
Posted By: fish5133 Re: heat - 24th Jul 2019 10:11pm
chocolate doesnt fare too well either
Posted By: granny Re: heat - 24th Jul 2019 10:31pm

raftl You don't change do you ?
Posted By: lincle Re: heat - 25th Jul 2019 12:35pm
Having just read that the police are having to break into cars to rescue dogs during this hot spell it beggars belief that its not illegal for owners to leave their best friends to die from heat exhaustion.Well its about time it was its an act of cruelty so surely the RSPCA can bring about a prosecution .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: heat - 25th Jul 2019 2:09pm
Originally Posted by lincle
Having just read that the police are having to break into cars to rescue dogs during this hot spell it beggars belief that its not illegal for owners to leave their best friends to die from heat exhaustion.Well its about time it was its an act of cruelty so surely the RSPCA can bring about a prosecution .

It does come under Animal cruelty and people are prosecuted, unfortunately every time the RSPCA take people to court for cruelty they get bad press and lose even more of the donations that help them carry out their essential work.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: heat - 25th Jul 2019 2:28pm
Lightening hitting Neston and Ellesmere Port right now.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang...0;y=53.2414;x=-2.7507;z=9;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;
© Wirral-Wikiwirral