Forums
Posted By: cools Mischief night - 30th Oct 2018 10:18pm
See so called Mischief night in full flow! Little horrors causing all kind of grief and misery all over the Wirral..Should all be rounded up and sent somewhere with a couple of hard Sargent Majors , give em hell for a week...parents have got to take alot of blame for this I wouldn't let mine out on this night...
Posted By: granny Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 12:08am

What's going on ? I've not seen anything about it.
Posted By: cools Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 7:26am
Venice mentioned Wirral Crimewatch site in one if her posts so I went onto it. It's Facebook although I'm not on Facebook you can see what people have put up but can't see comments...Don't know whether it's good or bad because now I'm always looking in and it's quite worrying what you see maybe it was better to not know. All sorts going on last night , damaging cars , throwing bricks , fireworks etc at buses. Gangs blocking roads iff not letting cars through, little B's!! I
Posted By: granny Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 8:11am

Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll give Wirral Crimewatch a miss as it could be another distraction form doing housework. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Posted By: cools Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 9:38am
Well my bears are all hibernating now Granny so ye maybe I can get some things done ha. Ye not so sure it's good to know everything that's going on around you crimewise makes you abit paranoid...
Posted By: Salmon Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 11:20am
Horrific, not mischief at all, just wanton vandalism.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/full-list-crimes-mischief-night-15351558
Posted By: casper Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 11:23am
We usually have a bucket with treats in for the little ones that come round with their parents, had some bigger ones last year hoodies up scarves around faces, opened the door to be confronted by them shouting trick or treat, I told them that they may frighten older people and to grow up, got the usual abuse f---ing old gimp, they turned and walked away and as I shut the door one came back and spat on the door, suppose we can count ourselves lucky it wasn't a brick.
Posted By: venice Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 5:34pm
I think the situation you described casper is the most scary part in some parts of Wirral -- people dont know what to do for the best /safest. Do you ignore the knocking and risk a key along your car , or answer the door with goodies therefore effectively paying protection money ???
Posted By: venice Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 6:07pm
Originally Posted by cools
Venice mentioned Wirral Crimewatch site in one if her posts so I went onto it. It's Facebook although I'm not on Facebook you can see what people have put up but can't see comments...Don't know whether it's good or bad because now I'm always looking in and it's quite worrying what you see maybe it was better to not know. All sorts going on last night , damaging cars , throwing bricks , fireworks etc at buses. Gangs blocking roads iff not letting cars through, little B's!! I

The crimewatch site carries some proper daft and extreme posts sometimes , but personally, although Im only a reader of it rather than a contributor, I think the more people that join it , the harder it gets for the ne'er do goods to get away with things. Its helpful hearing that a likely scammer is on his way up your road , its helpful if youve had something stolen, to have thousands of extra eyes looking out for it , making it hotter to deal with , and though im not sure if its legal or not, the security camera pics that are shared of people committing crimes surely must help identify the offenders . You can also email any info you have but dont want to share online , to the owner of the site who passes on to the police on your anonymous behalf.
Posted By: granny Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 6:49pm

Originally Posted by casper
We usually have a bucket with treats in for the little ones that come round with their parents, had some bigger ones last year hoodies up scarves around faces, opened the door to be confronted by them shouting trick or treat, I told them that they may frighten older people and to grow up, got the usual abuse f---ing old gimp, they turned and walked away and as I shut the door one came back and spat on the door, suppose we can count ourselves lucky it wasn't a brick.

Answer the door armed with a broom.(brush) If the blighters start any trouble , swing it around like a banshee... That should make 'em run.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Mischief night - 31st Oct 2018 6:53pm
seen one bus shelter all smashed in. Cops not interested in shop lifters any more. Lad works for a shop and unless its over £100 they dont even bother contacting the police.
Posted By: casper Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 8:58am
Originally Posted by granny

Originally Posted by casper

Answer the door armed with a broom.(brush) If the blighters start any trouble , swing it around like a banshee... That should make 'em run.

It all went well, little ones called with their mums early on, it was a pleasure to see their little faces light up all very well mannered, ran out of goodies around half six so switched lights off.
Posted By: cools Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 9:13am
OMG !just watched a video on Wirral Crimewatch( what have you done to me Venice I'm addicted now ha) couldn't believe what I saw! Don't know where it was assume it was Mischief night, about 50 strong gang barricading road and as cars came along along all smashing windows etc!! People must have been terrified ! Somethings got to be done about these little scroats they not fearing anything! Send the army in with water cannons and throw them somewhere name and Shame them , make parents take responsibility for them...there will be gangs of vigilantes soon in roads and I don't blame them , something needs doing!
Posted By: granny Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 11:45am

Well, now you have me on the go Cools. Just watched that footage someone pointed out that it was from a football match in Switzerland a few years ago. Rest in your bed again....

I went out Casper, ate the sweets en route, but I'm happy the little darlings got their sweeties from you.

We can blame the Scots for this you know ? Started by the Scots and Northern French apparently, passed to Ireland, passed to USA, and back here in big style.

A tradition of (so far as I understand)poor, who would go to houses and if people didn't give them anything, they would be cursed. Shivverrrr !!

No doubt someone will be able to add, detract or correct if wrong.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 3:02pm
Cars getting turned over in Dingle, Liverpool, people getting smashed over the head with traffic cones in Liverpool ..... all in the name of "mischief"?

Anybody that is caught on mischief night should be put on 12 months probation and community service in addition to whatever criminal sentences they get, this plague needs to be buried.
Posted By: cools Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 3:08pm
Oh I thought it was somewhere local with it being on Wirral crimewatch, thanks Granny still terrible though. I know ,im sorry I got onto this site can't help looking in now and all sorts on it , you wait Venice ,ha. Worry beads out again now been in drawer for awhile lol...
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 5:16pm
Nothing like sitting inside, doors and windows bolted, muttering over teh Daily Mail about how dreadful the young people are and the country is going to the dogs, "It wasn't like that in my day..." etc. etc.etc.

I think its the old farts equivalent of apple bobbing!
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 6:57pm
Mischief night - excuse for little B******s to run riot.. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/driver-horrified-after-yobs-smash-15358597

Police under-resourced and cant deal with the level of issues on night of 30th.

Parents need to be held accountable is one thing- should bring back the birch or National service for the little g*b-s****s
Posted By: casper Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 6:58pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Nothing like sitting inside, doors and windows bolted, muttering over teh Daily Mail about how dreadful the young people are and the country is going to the dogs, "It wasn't like that in my day..." etc. etc.etc.

I think its the old farts equivalent of apple bobbing!

Like that one Ex, old farts bobbing, I actually feel so sorry for majority of kids these days, we had so many more opportunities, but because of the various policies of governments of all the mainstream parties but particularly the Cons we have let them down, some expect too much, some expect too little, as has been said many times school was a place you didn't arse about or if you did you paid the price, I learnt later on some of the teacher's we had had been through rough times during the war, one in particular had been a prisoner of the Japs, another had been blown up by a mine, hence the nervous tic, but you only see what you want when you are kids.
Posted By: starakita Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 7:09pm
Wasn't too bad were I am,kids came round with parents was busy round half 6 to 7 o clock but all done & dusted by 8.A few people on the estate decorate their houses,I put a few bits up in the window so most kids know they can knock there & they're all polite & say thank you.Some of the parents make the effort & dress up too.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Mischief night - 1st Nov 2018 10:54pm
Bloody Americanised ceremony. It's not the EU we need to get out of, its the US of bloody A who control us!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral