Forums
Posted By: lincle M53 - 26th Jul 2018 4:56pm
Motorway closed again jnct3/4 both directions. Guy on bridge won't be getting any sympathy from drivers heading home after a day's work .People out of cars .
Posted By: fish5133 Re: M53 - 1st Aug 2018 11:53pm
Not another one..life must be getting pretty tough for so many getting to that point. The mental health services have been cut . on a couple of occasions( at least )the mental health crisis care team was one person on the end of a phone..
Posted By: granny Re: M53 - 2nd Aug 2018 6:11am

Originally Posted by fish5133
Not another one..life must be getting pretty tough for so many getting to that point. The mental health services have been cut . on a couple of occasions( at least )the mental health crisis care team was one person on the end of a phone..

I can believe that is happening everywhere. I have a cousin in Leeds who is a clinical psychologist. There were 17 in her dept. a few years ago, then it was reduced to about 8 and now it's to be reduced to 3 or 4.
If they can reduce it by so many, then it has to be asked why did they initially need 17 ? All surplus will be redeployed so it can't be so much of a saving.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: M53 - 2nd Aug 2018 6:43am
While fully acknowledging there are times of mental health problems for some people .....

I think things like the redefining of PTSD has gone to ridiculous levels, almost everybody that has an assessment gets labelled with PTSD or depression and of course anxiety.

Labelling is a dangerous weapon with mental health, you get a bit stressed with something (which is normal in life) becomes a more serious issue once you are labelled, basically even if you didn't have depression, once someone says you have, there is a much higher risk of being depressed.

Ethically this very much concerns me, basically mental health workers can create work for themselves to justify their existence at the expense of the sanity of society.

When you think what people went through during the blitz, the majority of them came out the other side ok, these days you would be labelled with so many mental defects you would be lucky to be able to function at all. We haven't necessarily become softer as a society, we could be being manipulated to be softer.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: M53 - 2nd Aug 2018 8:00am
Not sure i agree with the bit about menta health workers creating wok for themselves because there are several steps and assessments before you get to see one. I do agree about being manipulated to be softer although i dont think its all intentional rather a bi product of are western culture lifestyles materialism etc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral