Forums
Posted By: thesilentenigma Stealing spree at Lidl - 25th Jul 2018 11:38am
Bobbed into Lidl Birkenhead last night and couldn't find any baskets. When I asked a member of staff they told me that 197 of the 200 baskets they had been allocated have been stolen. Not an amazing heist but just gradually disappeared. Usually churn rate for these things is a few per cent not 96%. Is there a market for these trolley/baskets or something? Weird.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Stealing spree at Lidl - 25th Jul 2018 12:58pm
I had the same situation at B&Q recently - was looking for one of those little wheelie baskets - all nicked, apparently. Presumably the cost of fitting an alarm that sounds when it passes a certain point is greater than the cost of a basket...?
Posted By: assassin Re: Stealing spree at Lidl - 25th Jul 2018 2:48pm
Only in Birkenhead would shoplifters Rob shopping baskets and leave the food behind raftl
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Stealing spree at Lidl - 26th Jul 2018 9:32am
When my wife got her allotment, she was advised by several older plot-holders that supermarket trolleys made excellent incinerators.

"They don't last very long, but hey are free, so..."
Posted By: granny Re: Stealing spree at Lidl - 27th Jul 2018 1:14am
Originally Posted by assassin
Only in Birkenhead would shoplifters Rob shopping baskets and leave the food behind raftl

I can remember the time when they had fake bomb warnings in Asda (during the Irish troubles).. You've never seen so many loaded trollies rushing out the front doors without stopping.

Maybe there's a 'pram race' in the offing somewhere.

Attached picture pram_jpg_gallery.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral