Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 7th Jul 2018 6:03pm
Manchester airport starting to charge for dropping off holidaymakers.£3 5 minutes £4 10 minutes...i can see you being stuck in queue that long. Starts this Tuesday according to website. There this morning Terminal 2 and the new pay barriers at exit in place. Can see tailbacks on that one as its a bit of a tight turn onto main road.. I think they have a new free drop off area with a free shuttle bus to your terminal.
Not sure about the picking up now as they dont seem to have any places you can stop easily (petrol stations gone) Might be ok if the shuttle bus takes them back to a drop off area.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 7th Jul 2018 8:58pm
Some people [whistles innocently] used to pick up in the departure area because it was free.

I don't think most people will have a problem with the free drop off and shuttle bus system, they should have introduced it earlier instead of trying to declare war on their customers.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 8th Jul 2018 9:47am
Try parking there for an hour or two! (Arrange your mortgage beforehand)

Mind you, I wish Manchester airport well. Hopefully, it will render Liverpool airport redundant. JLA has more to do with civic one-upmanship than necessity. There is no case whatsoever for two airports only 25 miles apart competing for customers. I am very happy for Mancunians to have ALL the noise and traffic. Particularly as I can get there as quickly as it takes me to get to JLA.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 8th Jul 2018 1:04pm
Just see JLA as Manchester Terminal 4
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 8th Jul 2018 1:29pm
That would be easier if they moved it from Speke to Ringway, fish!

I think a much better idea would be to shut JLA entirely, and spend money on a fast direct link train service from Lime Street to Manchester airport. Both stations exist, and much of the track could surely be shared. Surely not too expensive to contemplate?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 8th Jul 2018 8:21pm
Ive used JLA couple of times and found it much easier than Manchester
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 9th Jul 2018 7:57am
I've used JLA since the old terminal building was in use. Baggage collection for internal flights was from a truck with the bags placed on the pavement. I remember Manchester when it was hoping to reach 100,000 passengers a year. Both are about the same in convenience as far as I can make out.

I've no real preference for either. I just think two bad neighours in close proximity is undesirable, The bigger one should take over and links to it improved for the whole region.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 14th Jul 2018 4:07pm
Armed cops stopping you picking up in the drop off area at Terminal 2.£100 fine apparently.. The T2 car park is a bit complicated..you get a token going in then you have to put it in a machine and pay to get another token which operates the exit barrier..
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 15th Jul 2018 11:57am
Also a heads up for those who use the little lane up by the Tatton Arms to sit and wait...they are clamping down on you parking there with signs up saying resident access only. Not sure how legal a sign like that is if the road doesnt have double yellows along it.. The Primrose garden centre and cafe on Ringway road was a good place to wait and get a coffee has now closed after 83 years and moved to Styal.. Tatton Arms pub does a pint of lime and soda for 60p which you can make last till you get the phone call . Need your wits about you driving back to T2 from there as its too easy to get funneled onto the M56 with no where to turn back.. Thankfully its only couple times a year
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Manchester Airport Drop Off Charges - 15th Jul 2018 6:25pm
I use Selstead Road at night or Hilary Road in daytime but don't leave your car unattended, there are a few self-appointed judge and juries I believe.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral