Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Car Dealer Prosecuted - 25th Jun 2018 8:26pm
At last,the Council has prosecuted a car dealer for using the public highway as his garage lot. This was for Frankby Road, Greasby.

Plenty more of these need sorting out including Storeton Road, Prenton and Bebington Road, Tranmere. I'm sure other can name some more.

Undercutting legitimate traders by not having the overheads of a Car Sales place using illegal practices is immoral and unfair.

SOURCE
Posted By: saltytom Re: Car Dealer Prosecuted - 26th Jun 2018 6:46am
Its only the same a plumbers electricians joiners etc who work for cash only, under cutting those trades paying tax & Ni yet as a nation we ( not me ) seem happy to pay these people.
I have not heard of any builder being prosecuted for trading for cash only.

Linksview garage have complained about a trader who would put 3/4 cars by there forecourt no action was taken.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Car Dealer Prosecuted - 26th Jun 2018 9:26am
It won't make any difference, that fine is only the profit on 3 or 4 cars.

The council should clamp or remove the cars if they're a nuisance.

And if anyone is stupid enough to buy from someone who buys cars cheap from auction and flogs them on with no warranty then more fool them.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Dealer Prosecuted - 26th Jun 2018 10:36am
Originally Posted by saltytom
Its only the same a plumbers electricians joiners etc who work for cash only, under cutting those trades paying tax & Ni yet as a nation we ( not me ) seem happy to pay these people.
I have not heard of any builder being prosecuted for trading for cash only.

There are quite a few prosecutions by HMRC but I haven't heard of any around here. Locally I have heard of other self-employed people getting collared, they seem to do a hit by a particular trade and area now and then.

There are fewer prosecutions than there should be because a deal is often made, there is no public benefit in bankrupting people or wasting large sums of money prosecuting when the issue can be resolved outside the court.

There aren't many sole traders who need to pay tax if their accounts are done right which makes it difficult to prosecute for anything other than failing to file a correct return.

As with many things, it up to the public to report matters, the days of public inspectors are almost gone.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Car Dealer Prosecuted - 26th Jun 2018 10:03pm
100% of my jobs are cash in hand..that doesnt make me a rogue trader anymore than the lads who clean wheelie bins or clean windows.. I dont even trade as self employed.. Just fill a tax return every year and the HMRC seem happy enough.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral