Forums
Posted By: svenlock68 £1 house programme on now - 21st Feb 2018 10:03pm
As usual people trying their hardest to get a useless PR obsessed council to help are frustrated by idiot apologist gormless wasters from liverpool council.
Why people give them money & trust i really dont know
. The houses are infact £50ks worth of work ahead.....crime & filth are rife plus a years wait to even start from fool overpaid council " officials " who wont even sign things off. Incompetents.
I wouldnt touch their " amazing deal " with a barge pole.
Poor souls with no permanent home.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: £1 house programme on now - 22nd Feb 2018 9:09am
Be fair Sven. You don't know the council official is overpaid, and the delay was due to the government being slow not the council. I saw the programme too.

It would have been better of course to allow work to start immediately, and the Council would have liked to do so but it simply couldn't. The government had given them a grant to demolish them and seems reluctant to move from this position.

Quite possibly, a developer WANTS them to be demolished in order to build profitable houses on the site. The longer the delay, the more likely it is that they will be vandalised or torched and will HAVE to be demolished. A word in a Minister's ear over an agreeable meal in a posh restaurant is probably all it took to cause such a delay.
Posted By: thesilentenigma Re: £1 house programme on now - 22nd Feb 2018 3:08pm
It's laughable isn't it?, these poor saps were sold a false dream. Pay 40k to do those dumps up - the council should be paying them. Why isn't a HA taking them on?
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: £1 house programme on now - 23rd Feb 2018 8:41am
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Be fair Sven. You don't know the council official is overpaid, and the delay was due to the government being slow not the council. I saw the programme too.

It would have been better of course to allow work to start immediately, and the Council would have liked to do so but it simply couldn't. The government had given them a grant to demolish them and seems reluctant to move from this position.

Quite possibly, a developer WANTS them to be demolished in order to build profitable houses on the site. The longer the delay, the more likely it is that they will be vandalised or torched and will HAVE to be demolished. A word in a Minister's ear over an agreeable meal in a posh restaurant is probably all it took to cause such a delay.

I wouldnt agree, hes overpaid to do his job because he cant even tell them in 18 months the answer they wanted.
Councils all over uk are crushed by paying high salaries plus golden handshake pensions , like the WBC leader is on more than the PM !
Fire chiefs & police chiefs too. Yet our bills go up while services shut or reduce. Its the self entitlement of high pay brought up during labour.
Yet councils lost millions via iceland bank accounts.
If youre lookin for corrupt money wasting PFI using quango run by free masons look at a local council.
" arms length management " is a new peusdo speak term we now hear about grenfell area council .....the usual MO of the uk will apply . No one will be held to account & lengthy enquiries and debate will kick it into the long grass , it will be no ones responsibility.
Apologist weak uk will reign.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral